September 12, 2019
Servings 4-6 people
Preparation 40 mins
Cooking 170 mins
Total 210 mins
- 1 giblets and neck of turkey
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of port wine
- 1 cup of roughly chopped onion
- 1/2 cup of roughly chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup of roughly chopped celery
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- Some to cover water
- Heat a saucepan over high heat. When the pan is hot, add the olive oil and heat. Add the neck and giblets and cook until browned all over, about 7 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and deglaze with the port. Return the pan to the heat and cook until the port is almost completely evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- Add the carrots, onions, celery, rosemary and peppercorns. Cover with cold water by 4-inches. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, and simmer for 2 hours, adding a little more water, if necessary. Skim any scum that rises to the surface of the stock and discard.
- Strain the stock. Use immediately, or cool and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Shop Cookware on Amazon
Shop Now at il Storia. Use promo code: SPRINGISHERE