October 23, 2019
It is a hearty Lebanese dish. It is a vegetarian favorite with plenty of protein.
Servings 4-6 people
Preparation 20 mins
Cooking 10 mins
Total 30 mins
- 1 cup of boiled chickpea
- 9 sprigs of parsley
- 9 sprigs of cilantro (coriander)
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1.5 teaspoons of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 6 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- Add chickpeas, coriander, parsley, onion, flour, lemon juice, baking powder, cumin, salt, black pepper and garlic to a food processor and mix. Put the mixture to a closed container and leave for 1-2 hours.
- With the help of a spoon, make 2 balls of dough into a ball and flatten it lightly. Repeat until all falafel discs are prepared.
- Heat in a large pan until medium heat over oil. Put 4 or 5 falafel discs to hot oil and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side. Then, put a paper-covered plate. Repeat it with remaining falafel discs, if necessary add extra sunflower oil to the pan.
- Serve immediately as hot and crispy. Or you can freeze up to 3 months in a closed container.
Serving Size 1 Falafels
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Sodium 482 mg21%
Potassium 610 mg13%
Protein 9.8 g19.6%
Total Fat 19.6 g25.1%
*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Related Recipes - Snack
Shop Cookware on Amazon
Shop Now at il Storia. Use promo code: SPRINGISHERE