What Is Lemon Balm?
Lemon balm or Melissa officinalis is a perennial herb from the mint family (Lamiaceae). The lemon balm plant is native to Europe and Africa. The leaves of the plant are usually used for lemon balm tea.
What Are The Benefits of Lemon Balm Tea?
Lemon balm is one of the medicinal fresh herbs. When consumed regularly, 1 cup of lemon balm tea is thought to reduce stress and promote good sleep. Lemon balm tea, which aids digestion and is rich in antioxidants,
Lemon balm tea has many health benefits. However, it is recommended not to be consumed excessively like other plant varieties.
How to Make Lemon Balm Tea?
You can make lemon balm tea with just lemon balm. You can add other herbs to the recipe if you wish. You can prepare healthy tea blends with different herbs.
Rosehip, lavender, and mint are some of these plants that you can use . Rosehip can be brewed with lemon balm. This herb, rich in vitamin C, adds a sour and fruity taste to lemon balm tea. Lavender is beneficial for the nervous system. It has a soothing effect. Peppermint adds a more intense peppermint flavor to this tea. However, orange zest can be used to enhance the citrus flavor of this tea.
How to Make Cold Lemon Balm Tea?
To prepare cold lemon balm tea:
- Boil the water on the stove or in the kettle.
- Infuse lemon balm leaves in hot water for 5 minutes.
- Add sweetener if you wish. Then let the tea mixture cool at room temperature.
- Strain the tea leaves using a strainer. Pour the mixture into a glass pitcher filled with ice and add freshly sliced orange or apple slices.
- Serve immediately in glasses with ice, or refrigerate in an airtight container for later consumption.
How to Use Lemon Balm?
Lemon balm has many uses in the kitchen. You can consume it as a tea, both hot and cold. You can also use it in many recipes, from desserts to salads, from soups to sauces. Lemon balm adds a citrus flavor to desserts. It is used to add freshness to fruit or vegetable salads. It can be used in place of lemon zest in soups or sauces. You can also use lemon balm in dishes prepared with seafood.