What is Chicken Piccata?
Piccata is used to describe meat and fish dishes sautéed in Italian and served with a sauce containing lemon, butter, and spices. Chicken Piccata is a piece of chicken that is sautéed or fried in flour. It is prepared by cooking with lemon, capers and broth. It can also be served with white wine instead of broth if it is desired.
What Is Capers?
Capers, also known as keper, cat-nail, vagina, crow melon, castor cucumber and caper grass, is a thorny fruit that grows in small buds and is pickled. While the leaves, branches and roots of this plant, which is specific to the Mediterranean, are used for medicinal, paint and cosmetic purposes, its branches, tips, buds and fruits are used in meals.
What Are The Benefits Of Capers?
Are Capers Healthy? It is low in calories, low in fat and low in carbohydrates. Caparin, which is rich in vitamins, especially vitamins A and E, is known to be good for MS disease. It shows antioxidant properties thanks to its flavonoid content. It is a digestive system-friendly food because it is rich in fiber.
How To Store Caper Sauce?
Caper should be stored in a cool and dry place. Capers should be stored in the refrigerator after opening.
Can You Freeze Lemon and Caper Sauce? Yes. You can place the sauce you prepared in ice molds for later use. After pouring the sauce you prepared with lemon and capers into the molds, add a drop of olive oil each. Put it in the freezer. When you want to use it, turn the cubes into sauce by heating them on low heat.
What Is the Difference Between Chicken Piccata and Chicken Francese?
The differences between these two dishes are small but significant enough to make a different dish. Chicken Francese is dipped in an egg mixture as well as flour dredged before being fried. Piccata, of course, only uses flour. This provides a different texture to the outside of the dish.
Another difference is that while both dishes are prepared with a butter sauce, chicken piccata contains capers. This leads to a tangier, more acidic dish than Chicken Francese, which is truly delicious.
How To Serve with Chicken Piccata (Lemon Chicken)?
Side dishes you can make with the Lemon Chicken with Capers Recipe:
- Potato Soup or Broccoli Soup
- Rice Pilaf or Bulgur Pilaf
- Veggie Noodle
- Boiled Broccoli or Brussels Sprouts
- Baked Potatoes or Mashed Potatoes
- Jerusalem Artichoke Salad
What Can Substitute For Capers In Chicken Piccata?
If you don't have capers at home, you can use olives instead. You can add green olives to the recipe, thinly or in small pieces. You can catch the taste of capers with its salty and acidic properties.
Pickled red onions will also help you achieve the flavor you want in this recipe. Marinated artichoke heart or thyme are among the ingredients you can use in this recipe, although they do not give the full capers flavor.
How Can You Keep Chicken From Drying Out?
- If you are frying chicken in a pan, slice the chicken in half to cook well. Try not to be too thin.
- If you are going to cook chicken in the oven, wrap the chicken in greaseproof paper before putting it in the oven. So your meat will be juicy and soft.
- Take care to cook the chickens at an average temperature of 350°F (170°C). You can use a thermometer for this.
- Marinating the chicken with lemon, sage, and milk keeps the meat moist and soft.
- Fresh lemon juice can cause chicken to dry out. Therefore, it is more effective when used with ingredients such as butter and milk. Also, lemon juice can dehydrate the meat if the chicken is overcooked.
- You can also use lemon zest for extra aroma.