How To Blanch Jerusalem Artichoke Salad with Broccoli?
To blanch broccoli for salad, follow these steps:
- Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil.
- While the water is warming, prepare the broccoli by cutting off the tough stem ends and cutting the florets into bite-sized pieces.
- After the water boils, carefully add the broccoli to the pot and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- While the broccoli is cooking, fill a large bowl with ice water.
- After 1-2 minutes, remove the broccoli from the boiling water using a slotted spoon and immediately transfer to a bowl of ice water. This will stop the cooking process and preserve the bright green color of the broccoli.
- Soak broccoli in ice water for a minute or two until completely cooled.
- Remove the broccoli from the ice water and pat it dry with a clean towel or paper towel.
- Add the boiled broccoli to the salad.
How To Roast Jerusalem Artichokes for Salad?
Roasting the jerusalem artichokes adds a nutty and slightly sweet flavor to the salad. To fry the jerusalem artichokes, follow these steps:
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- Wash the jerusalem artichokes well and cut them into small pieces.
- Mix the jerusalem artichokes with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes, or until golden or tender.
- Remove the jerusalem artichokes from the oven and let them cool.
- Add the roasted Jerusalem artichokes to the salad and serve with the dressing.
How To Serve Jerusalem Artichokes Salad with Broccoli?
A Jerusalem artichoke salad with broccoli can be served as a side dish or a light lunch. It goes well with grilled steak, chicken, or fish. In addition, a vegetarian main dish can be prepared with quinoa, lentils, or chickpeas for the salad.
Here are our delicious recipes that you can serve with Jerusalem Artichokes Salad with Broccoli:
How To Store Jerusalem Artichokes Salad with Broccoli?
To store the Jerusalem artichoke salad with broccoli;
- Put the salad in an airtight container or plastic bag.
- Store the salad in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- If the salad contains dressing, store the dressing separately and add it to the salad just before serving.
- Before serving, mix the salad well to redistribute the dressing and ingredients.
- However, the salad may soften a bit as it sits in the fridge.
Can Jerusalem Artichokes Salad with Broccoli Be Frozen?
It is not recommended to freeze this salad. Both Jerusalem artichokes and broccoli are delicate and do not freeze well. Also, fresh vegetables and herbs can wilt and lose their texture when frozen.
However, salad dressing contains ingredients that can separate or become watery when dissolved, such as vinegar and olive oil. Therefore, it is best to consume the broccoli and Jerusalem artichoke salad fresh. You can store leftover salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Can Jerusalem Artichokes Salad with Broccoli Be Made Ahead?
Yes, you can make this Jerusalem artichoke salad ahead of time. However, store the salad and dressing separately to prevent the vegetables from getting wet. Pour the sauce before serving.
To prepare the Jerusalem artichoke Salad with broccoli in advance,
- Prepare the vegetables. Wash the Jerusalem artichoke and broccoli. Slice it into small pieces.
- Cook the vegetables as in the recipe.
- Store the vegetables. Put the vegetables in an airtight container or plastic bag. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Prepare the sauce. Combine the sauce ingredients in a small jar or bowl. Store the dressing separately from the salad in the refrigerator.
- Prepare the salad. Just before serving, mix the vegetables and sauce in a large bowl.
- Stir the salad well to distribute the dressing, and serve immediately.