History of Spinach
Historians think spinach originated in India and ancient China some 2000 years ago. During the First World War, the wounds of French soldiers were treated using wine enriched with spinach juice. Spinach became popular in England and France in the 14th century. China is ranked among the most important spinach producers.
For more, you can check our article 'What is Spinach?'.
How To Make the Best Grilled Chicken Breast?
Grilled chicken breast with spinach is a healthy and delicious dish. Here are some tips for making grilled chicken breasts:
- Use boneless and skinless chicken. This helps the chicken cook faster.
- Beat the meat with a meat mallet so that it cooks evenly.
- Be sure to preheat the grill. This helps prevent the chicken from drying out.
- Marinate the meat. Use olive oil, salt, pepper, and fresh herbs to marinate grilled chicken breasts. Soak the chicken in the marinade for at least 30 minutes. Do not marinate chicken for more than 5 hours. If chicken is left in an acidic marinade for too long, it can become tough.
- Use a meat thermometer to check if the chicken is cooked. Make sure that the ideal cooking temperature for chicken is 165 °F (71 °C).
- Do not overcook the chicken. Chicken breast cooks faster on the grill than meat with bones. If overcooked, the meat may dry out.
- Do not over flip the chicken. Bake for about 5-10 minutes, until grill marks appear on the chicken. Then flip and cook the other side.
- Rest the chicken. After cooking the chicken, cool it for 5 minutes before slicing. This keeps the chicken moist and tender.
How To Prevent Chicken Meat from Drying Out?
Here are ways to prevent chicken meat from drying out during cooking:
- Marinate the chicken: Marinating the chicken with a mixture of oil, vinegar, and seasonings helps keep it moist.
- Use a meat thermometer. Check the internal temperature of the meat with a thermometer to make sure the chicken is cooked through. The internal temperature must reach at least 165 °F (71 °C) to be safe to eat.
- Preheat the grill. This prevents the chicken from drying out.
- Avoid overcooking. Overcooking chicken can make it dry and tough. To avoid this, cook the chicken according to the recommended cooking time for the cooking method you are using.
- Oil the chicken. Drizzle some oil or marinade over the chicken to keep it soft while you grill it.
- Rest the chicken. After cooking, let the chicken rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing or serving. This prevents the chicken from drying out.
What To Serve with Grilled Chicken Breast?
Grilled chicken breast is a hearty main dish. It can be served with grilled vegetables, salads, and cereals. It goes well with side dishes like pasta or rice. It's also perfect for a delicious sandwich.
Here are our delicious recipes that you can serve with Grilled Chicken Breast:
How To Store Grilled Chicken Breast?
To consume grilled chicken breast safely, it must be properly stored. Let the meat cool at room temperature before putting it in the refrigerator or freezer. Place the chicken in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. You can reheat a grilled chicken breast on the stove, in the oven, or in the microwave. When reheating, make sure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of at least 71°C (165°F). Use a thermometer to check the temperature.
If you're storing grilled chicken breasts in the freezer, let them thaw overnight in the fridge when you're ready to eat them. Do not thaw chicken at room temperature, as this can cause bacterial growth. Reheat on the stove, in the oven, or in the microwave.