Puy Lentil - Mushroom BurgersAmerican
Main Dish / 18 August 2019
<a href="https://www.petitegourmets.com/recipes/puy-lentil-mushroom-burgers"><p style="margin: 0 0 6px;"><img style="width: 14px; padding: 0 4px 0 0;" src="https://d2lswn7b0fl4u2.cloudfront.net/assets/icons/pg-round-favicon.ico" />Puy Lentil - Mushroom Burgers</p><img style="display: block; width: 100%;" src="https://d2lswn7b0fl4u2.cloudfront.net/photos/puy-lentil-mushroom-burgers.jpg" alt="Puy Lentil - Mushroom Burgers" /><p style="padding: 6px 0 12px;">Place the lentils in saucepan of cold water and bring to the boil. Reduce to a low simmer, skimming off any foam from the top, and cook for 15 minutes until just soft. Drain and rinse, then leave the cool. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large, non stick frying pan. Cook the onion over a medium... - <strong>Show More</strong></p></a>
Servings 4 people
Preperation 15 mins
Cooking 45 mins
Total 60 mins
- 3.2ounces ofgreen lentil
- 3tablespoons ofolive oil
- 1.0pound ofmushroom
- 1teaspoon oforegano
- 1tablespoon ofparsley
- 1tablespoon ofbalsamic vinegar
- 1.6ounces ofcrumb
- 1nutritional yeast
- 1pinch ofsalt
- 1pinch ofblack pepper
- 4wheat sandwich bread
- Place the lentils in saucepan of cold water and bring to the boil. Reduce to a low simmer, skimming off any foam from the top, and cook for 15 minutes until just soft. Drain and rinse, then leave the cool.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large, non stick frying pan. Cook the onion over a medium heat for 5 minutes, until softened but not brown. Add the remaining oil and the chopped mushrooms, and cook for a further 15-20 minutes, until they break down and there is no moisture left in the pan. Add the garlic, thyme, and parsley and cook for a further minute, until the garlic is fragrabt. Add the balsamic vinegar and remove from the heat.
- Put the mushroom mixture, cooled lentils, breadcrumbs, and nutritional yeast into a food processor and season well. Pulse carefully until it is just mixed and still has some texture.
- Allow the mixture to cool for 5 minutes. Shape the cooled mixture into 4 equal-sized patties and chill, covered, for 30 minutes to allow them to firm up.
- Clean the frying pan with a piece of kitchen paper. Heat a little oil in the pan and cook the burgers over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side, until well browned nd cooked through. Serve in wholemeal buns, with your choise of accompaniment.