How To Make the Best Vegetable Pie at Home?
Here are some tips for making the best vegetable pie at home:
- Use fresh ingredients. Using fresh vegetables and herbs adds flavor to the veggie pie. You can use a variety of vegetables, such as zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, carrots, and sweet potatoes. You can also add leafy greens like spinach, kale, or chard.
- Pre-cook the vegetables. Cooking the vegetables before adding them to the pie will allow them to cook evenly and prevent them from releasing too much liquid into the filling.
- Use phyllo dough or puff pastry.
- Season the pie. Add fresh herbs and spices like thyme, rosemary, and garlic.
- Allow to cool before slicing. Allow the veggie pie to cool for a few minutes before slicing. This will allow the filling to harden.
How To Make Vegan Vegetable Pie?
You can make this veggie pie recipe vegan. For this, you can use vegan ingredients instead of eggs, butter, pie dough, and bacon.
To make vegan veggie pie, use vegan dough made with ingredients like vegetable oil or coconut oil. Instead of eggs, you can use tofu or a vegan egg substitute like chickpea flour. It is opt for vegan butter instead of butter. You can add proteins such as tofu, chickpeas, lentils, or vegan sausage to the pie. If you want to add cheese to the pie, you can use vegan cheese.
What To Serve with Vegetable Pie?
This Greek veggie pie recipe can be served as a main course with many side dishes. You can serve vegetable pie with soup or stew as a hearty meal. You can also serve this dish with a salad or roasted vegetables. You can also serve it with a tomato-based sauce or a dipping sauce such as vegan aioli to enhance the flavor of the pie.
Here are our delicious recipes that you can serve with Vegetable Pie:
How To Store Vegetable Pie?
You can store homemade veggie pie in the refrigerator or freezer.
Allow the tart to cool completely before storing the pie. Then cover tightly with cling film. Store the pastry in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat the veggie pie you have stored in the refrigerator, preheat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C). Reheat the pie for 15-20 minutes or until fully warmed up.
You can also freeze this veggie pie. Allow the scale to cool completely at room temperature before placing it in the freezer. Then wrap it in cling film or aluminum foil. Put it in an airtight container or freezer bag. Freeze for up to one month.
Thaw the pie you have stored in the freezer in the refrigerator the night before reheating. The texture of the crust may be different after freezing and thawing. Once thawed, heat in an oven at 350 °F (175 °C) for 15-20 minutes or until fully heated.