How To Make Gluten-Free Oatmeal Cookies with Flour?
You can also make this recipe using flour. For this,
- Use gluten-free flour. You can use any type of gluten-free flour, such as almond flour, oat flour, or wheat flour. For more, you can check our article on "Types of Flour and Uses ".
- You can mix different types of flour. Use a ready-made gluten-free flour mix or combine gluten-free flours such as almond flour, rice flour, and tapioca flour.
- Measure the flour correctly. You can use a kitchen scale or measuring cup to measure the flour. Flatten the flour with the back of the knife. In this way, you can make more accurate measurements. Otherwise, too much flour can cause the cookie dough to become tough.
- 1 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Preheat the oven to 356 °F (180 °C). Line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the gluten-free flour, baking powder, salt, and xanthan gum.
- In a separate bowl, mix the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla extract. Whisk all the ingredients well.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix until the ingredients are combined.
- Add the oats and fold the ingredients together with a spatula.
- Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon, space the cookie dough evenly apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for about 12-15 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and let them cool for 5 minutes.
What To Serve with Gluten-Free Cookies?
These homemade gluten-free cookies can be served for breakfast and during tea and coffee time.
Here are our delicious recipes that you can serve with Gluten-Free Cookies:
How To Store Gluten-Free Oatmeal Cookies?
You can store these gluten-free and vegan cookies in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can also freeze these cookies. Wait for the cookies to cool completely. Then freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Reheat gluten-free cookies in an oven at 350 °F (175 °C) for 5-7 minutes before serving.