How to Make the Best Homemade Pizza Dough?
- Let the dough stand at room temperature. This is one of the highlights of making pizza dough. After mixing all the ingredients, make sure to keep the dough at room temperature before putting it in the refrigerator.
- Bake the dough for 5-6 minutes before adding the toppings. After adding all the ingredients and pizza sauce, put the dough back into the oven. In this way, you can prepare a soft and crispy pizza.
- Add sugar to the dough. In this way, the dough is leavened better and takes better color.
- Do not sprinkle too much flour on the counter. This can cause the dough to harden.
- Prepare the pizza dough the night before for more fluffy pizzas. Also, take care to use liquid ingredients as warm. Using ingredients such as milk and water while it is warm and resting the dough accelerate the activation of the yeast. It makes the dough rise better.
- Flavor the dough. You can use ingredients such as garlic powder, basil, and thyme for this.
Which Flour Is Best For Pizza Dough?
Flour is one of the most important ingredients for making a good pizza dough. Bread flour if you want to make a crispy pizza; If you want pizzas with softer sides, you can choose multi-purpose flour.
How To Store Pizza Dough?
You can keep the dough in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours or overnight before baking. You should store in an airtight container.
How to Freeze Homemade Pizza Dough?
You can also store the dough in the freezer. You can divide the dough into several pieces and place them in refrigerator bags or zip lock bags. You can freeze it for up to 3 months this way.
How to Thaw Frozen Pizza Dough?
Put the pizza dough you have kept in the freezer in the fridge at least 8 hours before using. When you are making a pizza, take the dough out of the refrigerator. Let it rest at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
How To Make Pizza Dough In Advance?
How long should the pizza dough rest? Resting the dough always gives better results. Therefore, you can prepare the pizza dough in advance.
Prepare the dough. Preferably put in a greased bowl. Cover it with stretch film. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours. After taking it out of the refrigerator, let it stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Knead the dough for a while to prepare your pizza. If you want, you can cut it into 2-3 pieces.
What Causes Pizza Dough to Be Too Dry?
We always want the pizza dough to have perfect consistency. But if the pizza dough you prepared is crumbly, so how can you fix the dough, if it is dry?
- Add water or oil. You can moisturize the cracked and dry dough with these ingredients.
- Add some flour. In this way, the dough will come to a softer and desired consistency. Still, you should be careful with the amount of flour. Using too much flour can also spoil the consistency of pizza dough.
- Knead the dough well. Not kneading the dough enough can cause moisture loss and a dry consistency. If you have kneaded the dough enough but still feel dry, you can add some olive oil.
How Long Should I Knead Pizza Dough For?
If you knead the dough by hand, knead it for about 10 minutes, if using a machine, knead it for 5-8 minutes. Do not knead too much.
Press your finger into the dough to make sure you knead it enough. If the dough takes its old form, it means it is kneaded enough.
What Else Can You Do With Pizza Dough?
Here the other recipes that you can do with pizza dough in addition to pizza:
- Cinnamon Rolls
- Apple Pie
Here are some delicious Pizza Recipes
If you don't want to make pizzas and eat out, here are the best pizzas around the world