Soup / January 3, 2020
Siveydiz soup is a very popular dish in the city of Gaziantep, Turkey. It is made with fresh green garlic in April and May. The main ingredients are lamb and fresh garlic. It contains a lot of protein. It is good for the common cold.
Servings 4-6 people
Preperation 15 mins
Cooking 25 mins
Total 40 mins
- 1 pound of fresh garlic
- 1 pound of scallion
- 1 pound of stew meat
- 2.5 pounds of strained yogurt
- 1 cup of chickpea
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of dry mint
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- A pinch of chili flakes
- Soak the chickpeas in water from the night before.
- Peel the green onions and fresh garlic and wash them. Chop the white portions 1 cm wide.
- Cook the stew meat and chickpeas in water.
- Mix the yogurt with water and make it thinner.
- After thinning, add some water from the meat to the yogurt and make it warmer, mix well.
- Slowly add the yogurt mix to the chickpea and meat while stirring quickly.
- Add the onion and garlic. Add chili flakes, black pepper and salt. Adjust the texture with hot water.
- Melt the butter in a separate pot, add dry mint and cook. After its cooked, add it on top of the soup.
Serving Size 1 Siveydiz Soup
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Cholesterol 128 mg42.7%
Sodium 287 mg12.5%
Potassium 1503 mg32%
Protein 50.5 g101%
Total Fat 25.7 g32.9%
*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.