How To Cut Celery for Soup?
For this soup recipe, you can cut the celery into strips or cubes.
- Rinse the celery. Rinse the celery stalks under cold water and pat dry with a clean kitchen towel.
- Cut off the ends of the celery stalks. Cut off the root and top ends of the celery stalks.
- Remove the leaves. Remove the celery leaves.
- Cut the celery into pieces. Cut the celery stalks into pieces about ½ - 1 inch long. If the celery stalks are too thick, you can cut them into smaller pieces.
- Cut into strips. Slice the celery stalks lengthwise into thin strips. This will make the celery pieces easier to cook and blend into the soup.
- Chop the celery. Chop the celery strips into small pieces.
How To Make Vegan Creamy Celery Soup?
You can also prepare this creamy celery soup suitable for a vegan diet. To make vegan cream of celery soup;
Water: Use water or vegetable stock instead of chicken stock to make the soup vegan.
Cream: Use coconut cream or cashew cream instead of heavy cream.
Dairy: Use unsweetened almond milk, soy milk, oat milk, or any non-dairy milk to add a creamy texture to the soup.
Butter: Use vegan butter or olive oil.
Can Creamy Celery Soup be Made Without Cream?
Yes, you can make this celery soup without cream. For a vegan or dairy-free recipe, you can substitute a non-dairy ingredient, such as coconut milk, cashew cream, or almond milk, instead of cream. These alternatives allow you to give your soup a creamy texture and flavor without using dairy products.
Cashew cream: Soak cashews in water for a few hours, then blend with water until smooth.
Coconut milk: Use full-fat coconut milk instead of cream to add a creamy texture and coconut flavor to the soup.
Strained yogurt: Add strained yogurt to soup for a tangy and creamy taste.
Almond milk: Use unsweetened almond milk instead of cream to add a nutty flavor and creamy texture to the soup.
How To Thicken Cream of Celery Soup?
Here are a few tips for thickening homemade cream of celery soup:
- Add the roux: Melt the butter in a saucepan. Then whisk in an equal amount of flour until you get a paste-like consistency. Add the mixture to the soup.
- Use cornstarch: In a bowl, mix the cornstarch with some cold water until it forms a slurry. Add the slurry to the soup and stir until it thickens.
- Puree the vegetables: Take the cooked celery or some of the other vegetables you use and puree them until they become a paste. Then add it to the soup.
Add the thickening ingredients to the soup gradually, and stir the soup constantly. This prevents the soup from clumping.
Another way to thicken soup is to cook it. This will help some of the liquid evaporate and thicken the soup. Note, however, that the soup will thicken as it cools.
How To Serve Cream of Celery Soup?
Cream of celery soup can be served in a variety of ways. This hearty dish can be served as a starter or main course.
It is perfect for a light meal with croutons or a fresh salad. Grilled chicken can be served with proteins such as chickpeas or tofu. Also, a bowl of creamy celery soup goes well with a grilled cheese sandwich or cheese quiche. Roasted vegetables like carrots or sweet potatoes are healthy and tasty side dishes that complement this soup well.
Here are our delicious recipes that you can serve with Cream of Celery Soup:
- Homemade Croutons
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Quiche with Basil and Cheese
- Grilled Chicken Breast with Spinach
- Hasselback Potatoes
How To Store Cream of Celery Soup?
You can store cream of celery soup in the refrigerator or freezer. Allow the soup to cool to room temperature before storing. Store the soup in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Can Cream of Celery Soup Be Frozen? Yes, cream of celery soup can be frozen. However, when the soup is reheated, the cream in it can sometimes separate, causing the soup to be a little lumpy or thick.
To freeze cream of celery soup, allow it to cool completely and then transfer to an airtight container or freezer bag. Freeze the soup for up to 3 months.
How To Reheat Creamy Celery Soup?
Thaw the soup in the refrigerator the night before serving. You can reheat it on the stove or in the microwave. Heat gently on the stove over low heat, stirring occasionally. If, after reheating, the texture of the soup is not as smooth as you would like, run it through a blender to smooth it again.
To reheat in the microwave, place the soup in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave the soup on high for 1-2 minutes. Stop and stir the soup every 30 seconds to ensure even heating and prevent hot spots. Cooking in the microwave can cause the cream in the soup to separate. Blend the soup to a creamy consistency.