Gazpacho, the famous flavor of Spain! It is a refreshing summer soup. Andalusia is the region where it originated. You can easily find it almost anywhere in Spain. There are definitely a few key points to make authentic, delicious, classic gazpacho accepted by most people in Spain.
The pepper added to the recipe is one of these key points and is open to discussion. There are two opposing ideas, capia pepper or green pepper. We will prefer green pepper on this recipe and use the capia pepper in delicious salads.
The other key point is onion. In some kitchens, onion is finely chopped as a garnish and added. But the decision is up to you, you can change the recipe according to your taste.
Is Gazpacho healthy?
Gazpacho is very good for you thanks to the vegetables it contains. Gazpacho is rich in A, C, Vitamin E, potassium, calcium, magnesium. It is a complete source of antioxidants. It contains a lot of fiber.
How is Gazpacho served?
It is mostly served in small bowls. You can strengthen your presentation by decorating with vegetables such as tomato, cucumber and parsley.
<a href="https://www.petitegourmets.com/recipes/spanish-gazpacho"><p style="margin: 0 0 6px;"><img style="width: 14px; padding: 0 4px 0 0;" src="https://d2lswn7b0fl4u2.cloudfront.net/assets/icons/pg-round-favicon.ico" />Spanish Gazpacho</p><img style="display: block; width: 100%;" src="https://d2lswn7b0fl4u2.cloudfront.net/photos/pg-three-bowls-gazpacho-1586876994.jpg" alt="Spanish Gazpacho" /><p style="padding: 6px 0 12px;">Put olive oil, water and vinegar in a bowl and mix. Cut the bread into cubes and add into mix. Let it rest for 10 minutes. Cut the tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers into small pieces. (You don't have to peel, because you need to strain it later) Add tomato, pepper, cucumber, garlic, olive oil, salt and... - <strong>Show More</strong></p></a>
- 2.2pounds oftomato
- 1green pepper
- 2cloves ofgarlic
- 1.7ounces ofolive oil
- 1.6ounces ofbread
- 8.5ounces ofsoğukwater
- 3.2ounces ofsalt
- 1ounce ofred wine vinegar
- Put olive oil, water and vinegar in a bowl and mix. Cut the bread into cubes and add into mix. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut the tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers into small pieces. (You don't have to peel, because you need to strain it later)
- Add tomato, pepper, cucumber, garlic, olive oil, salt and bread mixture to the mixing bowl. Mix with a food processor or a hand blender.
- After the vegetables are thoroughly crushed, strain the mixture with a strainer.
- Cover it for about 2.5 hours and keep it in the refrigerator.
- After it cools well, you can serve it by decorating it with any vegetables you like. Parsley and tomatoes are used often.
- You can prepare it up to 8 hours before the service.
- You must serve it cold.