November 15, 2019
This is one of the leading dishes of the Ottoman Palace. A chef of the palace came up with this recipe that combines eggplant and béchamel sauce. One of the most special dishes of the table and a favorite of the Sultan.
Servings 4-6 people
Preparation 20 mins
Cooking 35 mins
Total 55 mins
- 1.1 pounds of stew meat
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 4 eggplant
- 1 cup of milk
- 3/4 tablespoon of flour
- 3 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of water
- Put finely chopped onions, meat and oil in the pot. Stir and stir until the broth is absorbed.
- Add tomato paste and 1 1/2 cup water and cook over low heat. Add salt and pepper. Cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- Grill the eggplants. Peel it and finely chop.
- Put the flour and oil in the pan and mix over low heat for 5 minutes. Add the eggplant, salt and milk to a boil and cook.
- Place the meat on the serving plate. Close up with eggplant puree. Pour the broth over it and serve.
Serving Size 1 Sultan's Delight
Amount Per Serving
Related Recipes - Appetizer
Shop Cookware on Amazon
Shop Now at il Storia. Use promo code: SPRINGISHERE