These tips will help you with any cheesecake recipe, not just this New York Style Cheesecake recipe. Remember, being patient is very important.
What Is The Difference Between Regular Cheesecake and New York Cheesecake?
Cheesecake is a dessert that consists of multiple layers. It comes in two types, cooked and uncooked. The reason there are several different recipes for cheesecake is that the cake differs according to the region where it is cooked and the cultural background. B.C. There is a cheesecake dessert recipe of Greek cuisine dating back to the 5th century.
There are 5 different types due to the fact that this dessert is consumed a lot in the United States. The most popular is New York Style Cheesecake.
So why do these differences arise? Let's look at the answer to this question together. In the simplest form, the main ingredients of cheesecake are cream cheese, egg and egg yolk.
New York Style: Sour cream is used alongside the main ingredients. A more intense and smoother flavor comes out with sour cream. An even baking is achieved by using the locked cake tin. A golden brown outer shell is obtained.
Chicago Style: Main ingredients such as the classic recipe are used, but the amount of cheese is slightly higher. It is cooked in an oiled bowl to ensure the outside portion is hard and inside is very soft.
Pennsylvania Dutch Style: A less watery cheese is preferred. It has a sour taste. Unlike other cheesecakes, fresh fruit is not placed on the cake but on the bottom before baking.
Roman Style: Made with Ricotta cheese or mascarpone cheese instead of cream cheese. It has a slightly drier texture.
Country Style: It is added to the main ingredients in milk. Thus, a slightly tighter texture is obtained.
Is Water Bath Necessary When Cooking Cheesecake?
Yes it is required. But believe me, it is not a step that will be difficult for you. Thanks to the water bath, you get a soft texture and a crack-free appearance.
The oven interior is very dry. It creates a crust on every dish you cook. However, this is a disadvantage for cheesecake. We want the middle of the cake to remain soft.
You can try putting hot water on a separate tray or try wrapping the cake pan in aluminum foil and making a water bath.
How To Tell if Cheesecake Is Done?
Here are a few tips to see if the cheesecake is done:
- Check the edges: The edges of the cheesecake should rise slightly. It should be a light golden color, not brown.
- Check the center: The center of the cheesecake should jiggle slightly but not be liquid. The top of the cheesecake should look firm and dry but not cracked.
- Use a kitchen thermometer. Place the thermometer in the middle of the cheesecake. The internal temperature should reach 150 °F (66 °C).
- Shake the pan. Gently shake the cheesecake pan. If the edges of the cheesecake are firm but the middle is slightly wobbly like jelly, the cheesecake is cooked.
Note that the cheesecake will continue to harden as it cools, so don't worry if it looks undercooked. Once the cheesecake has cooled to room temperature, chill it in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours or overnight to harden it more before serving.
How To Prevent New York Cheesecake from Cracking?
You can make smooth and creamy-textured cheesecake at home. Here are some tips for preventing New York Cheesecake from cracking:
- Use a water bath: A water bath helps prevent the cheesecake from drying out and cracking. To do this, place the cheesecake mold in a larger pan. Fill the cheesecake mold with hot water about halfway up the rim.
- Do not over-mix the dough. Over-mixing the dough can cause too much air to be included, which can lead to cracking. Blend the ingredients until combined and smooth. Use room-temperature ingredients for this.
- Use a nonstick pan or line the pan with parchment paper. This helps prevent the cheesecake from sticking to the pan and cracking when removing it.
- Do not overcook the cheesecake. Overcooking can cause the cheesecake to dry out and crack.
- Cool the cheesecake slowly: After turning off the stove, let the cheesecake cool slowly and naturally in the oven. Leave the oven door slightly open. This prevents the cheesecake from cracking.
What To Serve with New York Cheesecake?
When serving your cake, it should be cold or at room temperature. You can make your dessert with different flavors by using fresh fruits and fresh fruit sauces and jams suitable for your taste, and you can serve it with coffee and tea.
You can consume it for 5 days by storing it in the refrigerator.
Here are our delicious recipes that you can serve with New York Cheesecake:
How To Store New York Cheesecake?
You can store this homemade New York cheesecake in the refrigerator or freezer. Allow the cheesecake to cool to room temperature before storing. Then wrap it tightly with cling film. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Can New York Style Cheesecake Be Frozen?
Of course you can freeze it. After the cheesecake has cooled completely, cut it into slices. Wrap each slice with cling film and put it in the freezer bag. Close the mouth airtight. You can keep it in the freezer for 2 months.
How To Defrost Cheesecake?
When you want to eat, do not try to defrost it in the oven or other heater. Take it out of the freezer the night before and put it in the refrigerator, and you can consume your dessert in a healthy and ideal way. Do not thaw cheesecake at room temperature, as this can cause it to deteriorate or lose its texture.
Once the cheesecake is thawed, serve it at room temperature with your favorite toppings.
Can Cheesecake Be Made Ahead?
Yes, you can make New York Cheesecake in advance. It is best to make the cheesecake the day before serving to allow it to cool and harden in the refrigerator.