Why Is My Asparagus Soup Stringy?
There may be times when your asparagus soup turns to a brown shade, the reason could be too much boiling of the soup. This could also happen if you have added more lemon juice than required. So be cautious with the quantities of the ingredients.
What To Serve with Asparagus Soup?
You can serve this luscious asparagus soup with the following delights:
- Grilled Or Steamed Salmon
- Crusty Bread
- Crab Cakes
- Cinnamon Flavored Rice
- Chicken Casserole
- Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese
- Brie Bruschetta
- Hollandaise Sauce
How To Store Asparagus Soup?
If you are planning to store the Asparagus soup, then get ready with your airtight container. You can refrigerate this soup for the next 3-4 days. Due to the presence of cream in this soup, it is frozen. But if you are making it ahead and planning to freeze the soup then do not add milk or cream in it, you can add it when you defrost and serve, and reheat it.
What Are Some Recipe Variations?
- Asparagus soup with Chicken broth: If you are a non-veg lover, then you can add chicken broth instead of vegetable broth. This will enhance the nutritional values and the thickness.
- Asparagus soup with a Tang of lemon: To make your soup tangy add 2 tbsp of lemon juice and some lemon rinds. When adding the lemon, you have to ditch the milk cream. To add a kick of citrus flavor, you can add a very little amount of lemon-peel shreds while garnishing.
- Asparagus soup with Mushroom: This is a combination of mushroom and asparagus soup, as both give a creamy texture. While sauteing the Asparagus, add some button mushrooms, and follow the same recipe.