6 Ways to Cook Brussel Sprouts
Explore 6 easy ways to cook brussel sprouts. You can roast, sautee, grill or boil this healthy vegetable and it tastes better than you think.
Brussels sprouts are a tasty and healthy food. It can be consumed alone as a main course or as a side dish. There are many ways to cook Brussels sprouts. Lots of delicious meals can be prepared on the stove, in the oven or even in the microwave.
In this article, we will talk about 6 different methods of cooking brussels sprouts. You can cook brussel sprouts quickly and simply, using the method you want. Although fresh brussels sprouts are the best option for these methods, You can also use frozen brussels sprouts. If you are going to use frozen brussels sprouts, you should consider cooking it directly without defrosting it.
Regardless of which cooking method you prefer, start the cooking process by first cutting the brussels sprouts after washing them. When cutting the Brussels Sprouts, cut off the root part with a knife, also any faded or darkened outer leaves. Cut the sprouts vertically in a half.
Cooking Methods of Brussels Sprouts
1.How To Roast Brussel Sprouts?
The roasting veggies softens the brussels sprouts and increases their flavor. This technique can make even those who do not like brussels sprouts love this vegetable. It can be made even tastier with a little oil, garlic, and fresh herbs. Well, How To Cook Brussel Sprouts In The Oven?
Here are the steps to make Roasted Brussels Sprouts In The Oven:
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F (180 °C).
- Put the fresh Brussels sprouts with salt, pepper and olive oil in a plastic bag. Shake until all the ingredients are mixed.
- Then pour it on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve hot or lukewarm with some lemon slices.
2. How To Grill Brussel Sprouts?
One of the quick ways to cook Brussels sprouts is to fry them on the grill. For this method, make sure that all of them are equal size. You can add bacon to the grill to make it even tastier. Well, How To Cook Brussel Sprouts On The Grill?
Here the steps to make Grilled Brussel Sprouts:
- Put the raw sprouts in a bowl. Add some olive oil, salt, black pepper and chili pepper. Mix all the ingredients. If you wish, you can add some balsamic vinegar, mustard and honey.
- Preheat grill for medium heat. Skewer brussel sprouts or put directly onto the hot grill. Cook both sides for 4-5 minutes until soft.
- Remove from the skewers and into a serving dish. Serve with parmesan cheese and bacon.
3. How To Saute Brussel Sprouts?
Fried or sautéed brussels sprouts are delicious. The summary of all these phrases is to cook vegetables in a pan with high heat and oil. It gives simple and extraordinarily tasty results.
Well, How To Cook Brussel Sprouts In The Pan?
- Here are the steps for making Sauteed Brussel Sprouts in the pan:
- Put some olive oil in the pan over medium heat. When the oil is heated, add the cut fresh cabbage to the pan.
- Season them with salt and pepper. Stir and cook both sides for about 6-8 minutes, until the color turns brown.
- Add some water, lemon juice, and garlic to the pan. Cook all the ingredients until the water evaporates.
- Serve it hot.
4. How To Steam Brussel Sprouts?
The steaming technique is one of the healthiest ways to make these sprouts. For steaming, you can choose a pan, steamer or instant pot. Well, How To Cook Brussel Sprouts On Stove?
Here the steps to making Steamed Brussels Sprouts:
- Add some hot water and salt in a large pan. Then, add the brussels sprouts. Cover it up.
- Cook for about 5 minutes over medium-low heat. After cooking, you can add extra salt, pepper or fresh herbs.
- Serve the softened brussel sprouts with lemon slices.
5. How To Boil Brussel Sprouts?
Another healthy and easy way to cook Brussels sprouts is to boil them. With this method, the nutritional value of the vegetables is not lost and you can prepare a delicious meal in a short time. Well, How To Cook Fresh Brussel Sprouts In The Pan?
Here the steps of making Boiled Brussels Sprouts:
- Boil 2 liters of water in a saucepan. Add some salt to the water.
- Add the pre-washed and cutted cabbages to the boiling water. Bake for about 10 minutes until it gets tender.
- Make sure the vegetables are boiled by checking with a fork. Strain the sprouts with the help of a strainer. Season with salt and pepper.
- If you wish, cook a little more with butter on the stove. Then serve hot with lemon.
6. How To Air Fry Brussel Sprouts?
Frying Brussels sprouts is one of the most popular cooking methods. It has a more oily texture compared to other cooking methods. Well, How To Cook Brussel Sprouts In Air Fryer?
Here the steps to prepare Fried Brussel Sprouts:
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 °F (200 °C).
- Add the olive oil and brussel sprouts in a bowl. Season with salt, pepper and chili peppers. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Then put the ingredients in the fryer. Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Make a sauce with lemon juice, honey, mustard and vinegar.
- Put the sprouts you have fried in a bowl and serve with sauce.
How Long To Cook Brussel Sprouts?
The cooking time for Brussels sprouts varies depending on your preferred cooking method. While a longer cooking time is required in the oven, this time is reduced in half on the grill.
In The Oven: Roast the Brussels sprouts at an average temperature of 400 ° F for 25-35 minutes. Continue cooking until it turns brown in color.
On The Grill: Cook both sides of the cabbage on the grill for 5-6 minutes. It will be enough to cook for an average of 10 minutes until it becomes soft and golden.
In A Steamer: Soak the brussels sprouts for about 6-8 minutes in the steamer.
On The Stove: Cook for sautee the sprouts for about 10 minutes over medium-high heat.
In A Pan: Add the cabbage to the pot with hot water and cook on the stove for about 10 minutes. Check the cabbage with the help of a fork. If necessary, continue the cooking process for another 1-2 minutes.
Air Fryer: Cook the brussels sprouts in the fryer at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes.
Vegetable soup is made by boiling fresh and seasonal vegetables such as carrots, celery, tomatoes, and greens such as cabbage or spinach in broth. Most...
Sauteed Brussel Sprouts
Do you love Brussels sprouts? If not, perhaps you have not yet come across a recipe that would reveal its taste in all its glory. If you want to cook a...