Dr. Oetker Homemade Sourdough BreadEuropean
From The Oven / March 31, 2020
Making bread at home has never been easier and more enjoyable. You can consume your breads at home with peace of mind. In this recipe we used the Dr. Oetker Yeast product. You can buy it on Amazon.
Also check out our article about bread types.
Servings 4-6 people
Preperation 20 mins
Cooking 45 mins
Total 65 mins
- 1 packet sourdough yeast is for 500gr (4.5 cups) flour.
- Store in a dry, cool environment.
- You can change the flour type as you wish.
- Put a small bowl of water in the oven to maintain the moisture balance.
- 0.6 pound of wheat flour
- 0.6 pound of flour
- 1,5 cup of warm water
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1,5 tablespoon of salt
- 1,5 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 1 pack of Dr. Oetker yeast
- Sift flour into a deep bowl.
- Add sourdough, salt and sugar and mix.
- Add water and olive oil and beat for 1-2 minutes. Knead the dough after whipping. Continue kneading until you lose the adhesive form.
- Cover the dough you knead with a damp cloth and wait 2 and a half hours. The dough will be fermented and its volume will double.
- Heat the oven to 180° C.
- Shape the fermented dough on oiled paper with a round shape of 16 cm in diameter. Scratch 5-6 times on the dough and let it sit for 30 more minutes with a cloth.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 35-45 minutes.
- After cooking, take it out and let it rest it for 10 minutes.
Serving Size 1 Dr. Oetker Homemade Sourdough Bread
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Sodium 3 mg0.1%
Potassium 270 mg5.7%
Protein 10.9 g21.8%
Total Fat 10.3 g13.2%
*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.