How To Peel Almonds?
To peel the almonds for almond cookies, boil the almonds in hot water. Then put cold water on the almonds and peel the skins off.
How To Make Almond Cookies?
Almond cookies can be made with almond kernels or almond flour. To make bitter almond cookies with almond flour,
- Sift 1 ½ cups of almond flour.
- Put 3 egg whites, 1 cup of sugar, and almond flour in a saucepan and cook for about 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Then add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to the warm dough mixture.
- Transfer the cookie dough to a cream bag and squeeze the dough at intervals onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 338 °F (170 °C) for 25 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to the cooling rack.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes, and serve when it gets cool.
What To Serve with Almond Cookies?
These homemade cookies that are hard on the outside and soft on the inside are the perfect recipe for tea and coffee. It can also be served with desserts. This macaroon-like cookie can be made for special occasions or celebrations.
Here are our delicious recipes that you can serve with Almond Cookies:
How To Store Almond Cookies?
Almond cookies are best consumed fresh. However, these homemade cookies can be stored in an airtight container or jar in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also store these almond cookies in the freezer for up to 3 months. Transfer to the refrigerator the night before serving. Serve them at room temperature.