What Type of Tea Is Best for Iced Tea?
The most preferred type of tea for iced tea is black tea. However, green tea, white tea, or oolong tea can also be used.
Earl Gray has a pleasant citrus flavor. Green tea adds an herbal flavor to the recipe. It is also ideal for those who want softer tea. Oolong tea has a natural sweetness.
Besides the type, attention should be paid to the quality of the tea. Use high-quality leaf tea bags or loose-leaf tea.
How To Make the Best Iced Tea?
Here are a few tips for making the best cold tea at home:
- Use fresh and ripe peaches.
- Use high quality tea. Choose loose-leaf tea or a high-quality tea bag.
- Do not use very hot water. Boiling water can make the tea bitter. Therefore, brew the tea at 180-190 °F for about 3-5 minutes.
- Allow the tea to cool to room temperature before adding ice or cold water.
- Make sure the sugar is completely dissolved. Cook sugar and water in a small saucepan until completely dissolved. Then add it to the tea.
- Also, iced tea can be made by cold brew or hot brew method.
How To Make Hot Brew Iced Tea?
For making iced tea with the hot brewing method;
- Measure the tea. Use 1 teaspoon of leaf tea or 1 tea bag for a cup of iced tea. If you want a stronger tea flavor, increase the amount of tea.
- Heat the water. Adjust the temperature of the water according to the type of tea you use. Be careful not to boil the water for too long.
- Brew the tea. Infuse the tea for 3-5 minutes, depending on the tea you use. After brewing, remove the tea bags or strain the loose leaf tea and transfer it to a pitcher. Take care not to brew your tea for too long. Otherwise, the tea may sting.
- Add sweetener. Add sugar, honey, or syrup while the tea is hot. Mix until it is completely dissolved.
- Chill it. After waiting 5–10 minutes at room temperature, put the tea in your refrigerator.
How To Make Cold Brew Iced Tea?
For making iced tea with the cold brew method;
- Measure the tea. Use a teaspoon of tea leaves or a tea bag per cup.
- Add water. Put the tea in the jug and add cold water to it.
- Add sweetener. Boil sugar and water to make syrup. Then let it cool at room temperature. Add this to the jug when completely cooled.
- Chill it. Refrigerate the prepared tea mixture for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Strain the tea. Strain the leaf tea or remove the tea bags.
What To Serve with Peach Iced Tea?
Here are our delicious recipes that you can serve with Peach Iced Tea:
- Mini Hamburgers
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Hot Pastrami Sandwich
- Blueberry Muffins
- Classic French Beignets
How To Store Peach Iced Tea?
You can store fresh homemade iced tea in a covered pitcher in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Can Homemade Peach Iced Tea Be Frozen? Yes. You can freeze this iced tea. Pour the freshly prepared cold tea into ice molds. Wait for it to cool completely. Then leave it in the freezer for at least one night. Then transfer the cubes to the freezer bag. You can store it this way for up to 2 months. Put the ice cubes in the pitcher when you want to use them.