Beetroot with Orange Sauce
November 15, 2019
Servings 6 people
Preparation 20 mins
Cooking 60 mins
Total 80 mins
- 2.2 pounds of beet
- 8 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of grated orange
- 3/4 orange juice
- 2 teaspoons of butter
- Cut the beet stems and boil for 50 minutes with the lid closed in a pot full of boiling water. After filtering, peel and cut.
- Place sugar, starch and salt in a pan to prepare the sauce. Add the orange peel. Stir the orange juice slowly while adding. Cook for 8-9 minutes until a thick consistency.
- Add oil and stir until dissolved.
- Pour the sauce over warm beet slices and serve.
Serving Size 1 Beetroot with Orange Sauce
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Protein 3 gr6%
Sodium 120 mg5.2%
Total Fat 1 gr1.3%
*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @PETITEGOURMETS using the hashtag #PGRECIPES and share on Instagram. We'll feature you on our site.
Search recipes by ingredientbeetwatergranulated sugarcorn starchsaltorangeorange juicebutter
Related Recipes - Tapas
Shop Cookware on Amazon