The Russian Pancake Blini
Blini (also referred to as bliny or blin) is a very famous breakfast dish in Russia and Ukraine. At breakfast, if you want a different style pancake for a change, you should definitely give the blini a try. You can make delicious combinations such as feta cheese and strawberry jam, banana and Nutella, and many more according to your taste.
- We are using regular flour on our recipe, however blini can also be made from wheat, buckwheat, or oatmeal.
- 2 egg
- 2.5 cups of warm milk
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of flour
- Whisk the eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the warm milk in the bowl and mix.
- Add the melted butter, sugar, salt, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and baking soda to the bowl. Mix well.
- Slowly add the flour to the mix in parts, and keep mixing. Mix until there are no lumps left in the mixture.
- Spread some butter on the pan. Add one quarter of a cup from the batter to the pan and spread it by moving the pan so its a nice thin circular shape.
- Cook until one side is golden brown for about 30 seconds. Flip it and cook the other side the same amount. Repeat this until you use all the batter.
- Your Russian pancake blini is ready to be served.