What Is Libby's Pumpkin Pie?
Libby's pumpkin pie is one of the most popular brands of canned pumpkin puree in America. Pumpkin pie is traditionally made, especially on Thanksgiving.
The Libby’s brand offers a natural and gluten-free canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie mix. If you want to make pumpkin pie too, use Libby's natural pumpkin puree. To bake this pie, you will only need eggs, milk and pie dough.You can use this pumpkin puree to make pancakes, smoothies, soups, pasta or lattes.
How To Make the Best Libby's Pumpkin Pie?
To make this pumpkin pie even better, follow these steps:
- Pre-bake the pie crust. Spread the homemade or ready-made pie dough into the tart pan. Then pre-cook for about 30 minutes.
- Brush the pie crust with the egg wash. Allow the pie dough you pre-baked to cool. Then brush the bottom and sides of the dough with the egg white and water mixture and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Let the pie dough cool. Transfer the pre-baked pie to the cooling rack before adding the pie filling.
- Prepare the pumpkin pie filling. Combine canned pumpkin puree and an egg. Add sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and salt to the mixing bowl. Combine the dry ingredients with the pumpkin mixture. Add the condensed milk and mix all the ingredients until you get a smooth consistency.
- Add the filling to the pie crust. Bake at 425 °F (220 °C) for 15 minutes, then lower the temperature to 350 °F (175 °C) and bake for another 40-50 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Allow the pie to cool before cutting.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
How To Tell When Pumpkin Pie Is Cooked?
To check if this pumpkin pie is done, insert a knife or toothpick into the center of the pie. If the knife comes out clean, the pie is baked. If bubbles form around the edge of the pie or the filling is sticking out of the crust, the pie is overcooked. In this case, remove the pie from the oven.
You can check the color of the pumpkin pie to see if it's done. When the baking time in the recipe is up, the filling and crust of the pie should darken and rise in color. It should have a brownish crust.
You can check the texture of the pie to see if it is cooked. The filling should be firmer at the edges and a little more jelly-like in the middle. The center should move slightly when you shake the pie lightly.
Be careful not to overcook or undercook the pie. Overcooking can cause the filling to dry out, while undercooking prevents the filling from hardening.
How To Prevent Pumpkin Pie from Cracking?
There are several reasons why your pumpkin pie might crack. To prevent the pie from cracking;
- Cook at the right temperature. Turn on the oven in advance and make sure it is at the correct temperature. Depending on the size of the pie pan you use, the cooking time and temperature may vary.
- Put the pie pan on the bottom shelf of the oven. Place the tray on the lower shelf, not in the middle of the oven, so that the bottom crust is fully cooked.
- Do not change the temperature setting of the oven during cooking. This can cause the pie dough to crack and the filling to collapse.
What To Serve with Libby's Pumpkin Pie?
Pumpkin pie is one of the essential Thanksgiving dishes. On the menu with baked turkey, mashed potatoes, and cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie is an excellent dessert option. It goes well with savory and sweet dishes. You can also serve a slice of pumpkin pie during tea/coffee time. Serve the pumpkin pie with whipped cream or ice cream.
Here are our delicious recipes that you can serve with Libby's Pumpkin Pie:
How To Store Libby's Pumpkin Pie?
After baking this pumpkin pie, let it cool at room temperature. Then wrap in cling film and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
It is not recommended to freeze the baked pie. Otherwise, the crust may separate from the filling. However, you can freeze the pie dough and filling. Wrap the dough and filling separately in cling film and freeze in a covered container for up to 1 month. Transfer to the refrigerator to thaw the night before cooking. Then follow the cooking steps.
Can Libby's Pumpkin Pie Be Prepared In Advance? Yes. You can prepare the pie dough and filling in advance and store them separately in the refrigerator. Thaw the filling and pie dough before baking the pie. Then follow the cooking steps.