November 15, 2019
It's a classic Spanish dish. Also known as Spanish omelette. You can add different ingredients such as vegetables, cheese and ham to this easy and delicious meal.
Servings 4-6 people
Preparation 10 mins
Cooking 25 mins
Total 35 mins
- 0.7 pound of potato
- 1 onion
- 5 egg
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- Peel the potatoes, then carefully cut them into thin slices. Dry the potato wedges with a clean paper towel.
- Peel the onion and slice them thin. Put 2 tablespoons of oil in a small pan over medium heat, then add the onions and potatoes.
- Bring the heat to a low level and cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until the onion turns golden and the potato wedges are cooked. Try not to mix too much, or the potatoes will crumble.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, add a pinch of sea salt and pepper, then continue to beat the eggs with a fork.
- When the onions and potatoes are cooked, remove the pan from the stove and carefully place the eggs in it.
- Transfer the mixture back to the frying pan and cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Carefully turn the pan onto a dinner plate, then slide it back into the pan and cook the other side for 5 minutes.
- Slice when hot, serve hot or cold.
Serving Size 1 Spanish Tortilla
Amount Per Serving
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @PETITEGOURMETS using the hashtag #PGRECIPES and share on Instagram. We'll feature you on our site.
Related Recipes - Appetizer
Shop Cookware on Amazon