Best Thanksgiving Cocktails You Should Try
Pecan Pie Martini Thanksgiving Cocktails
Pecan pie is amazing at thanksgiving! There’s a chill in the air, and it’s the perfect time to have something that’s hot, sweet, warm, and utterly delicious with your family all around. For that reason, people have, understandably, adapted classic pecan pie recipes to get the flavors into a martini! After all, what could be better than pecan pie apart from a boozy pecan pie?
In this cocktail, we’ve changed the spirits to be perfectly in keeping with the flavors of a pumpkin pie, though you could keep them to be similar to a classic martini. For example, you could change the bourbon for vodka or gun to maintain the classic martini flavor.
To make a pecan pie martini, you’ll need:
- 6 ounces of rumchata
- 6 ounces of creme de cocoa
- 3 ounces of bourbon
- 3 tbsp caramel, microwaved until pourable
- ¼ cup toasted chopped pecans
- Cool whip
- 3 whole pecans
- A sprinkle of cinnamon
Delicious, right? Now, let’s make it:
- Place the caramel and the chopped pecans onto two separate shallow plates. Then, dip the rims of each martini glass first into the caramel, and then into the nuts - the chopped nuts should stick to the rims of the glasses. If you have trouble making this work, try chopping the nuts up smaller so that they have more surface area to stick to the glass with.
- Combine the rumchata, creme de cocoa, and bourbon in a cocktail shaker with ice, and shake for roughly thirty seconds - until the whole mixture is cold. To maintain that cold temperature, consider putting the glasses in the freezer a few hours in advance, only taking them out to serve into. Pour the mixture into the martini glasses, and top with the remaining garnish items. Enjoy!
Thanksgiving Pumpkin Spice Mules
Moscow mules have long been a fixture of cocktail bars, both fancy and not. Personally, I absolutely love them! They’re a great, light, and refreshing drink that’s ideal for having both during the summer and during a party.
Pumpkin spice is similarly amazing, though I’ll only usually have it during the autumn and the winter. Therefore, why not combine the two? The rich and creamy pumpkin spice flavor will only make the mules even better, so go for it!
Traditionally, mules are served with vodka, as the cocktail was originally invented as a way to make vodka more mainstream. If you love the idea of a smoother pumpkin spice flavored cocktail, you could try a creamier spirit such as Baileys or a honey-infused whiskey.
To make a thanksgiving pumpkin spice mule, you’ll need:
- ½ cup pumpkin pie vodka
- ¼ cup apple cider
- 1 (12 ounce) can of ginger beer
- Pumpkin spice
- Cinnamon sticks
I absolutely adore using cinnamon sticks for absolutely anything, so using them in cocktails sounds amazing, right?
If you can’t get cinnamon sticks, then don’t worry! Try making a simple syrup, and mixing some ground cinnamon into it. Then, you can add a dash of the syrup to your cocktail to infuse the cinnamon flavor.
So, how do you make a pumpkin spice mule?
- Fill 2 copper mugs with ice - start with this step so that your mugs are really cold. Then, divide vodka and apple cider between the mugs, and top them off with ginger beer. Personally, I think the spicier the ginger beer the better, though a sweet one can work really well too. If you’d like to make your cocktail sweeter, you can always add a little simple syrup or honey.
- Give everything a little stir, and sprinkle some pumpkin spice on top, and garnish with a cinnamon stick. To get more of the cinnamon flavor in there, snap a stick in two and put both halves into the drink.
Best Thanksgiving Cocktails Hot Buttered Rum
I know this isn’t a groundbreaking school of thought, but I genuinely believe that the ingredient that makes thanksgiving food taste as amazing as it does is butter. If in doubt with any thanksgiving dish, throw a little butter in there - even mulled wine!
Hot buttered rum is a wonderful dish to sip at around a fire, and that’s the ideal place to drink it over the days of thanksgiving. To make hot buttered rum, the process involves a lot of butter, sugar, and ice cream - so you’ll definitely be making a wonderfully rich and decadent dessert-style cocktail.
For that reason, we’d recommend using a rum that’s gently spiced, so that the overall flavor of the cocktail is warming and lovely. Without further ado, what do you actually need to make the best thanksgiving hot buttered rum?
To make the buttered rum batter:
- 4 tbsp butter, softened - either in a microwave or on the stove.
- 3 tbsp packed brown sugar - demerara is a personal favorite.
- ½ cup of vanilla ice cream softened.
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- For the rum drink:
- 2 cups of apple cider.
- 1 cup of rum.
Doesn’t that sound like an ingredient list straight out of a ‘thanksgiving desserts’ cookbook? If it doesn’t set your mouth watering, that’s a shame - we think it sounds amazing!
So, how do you make it?
Firstly, make the buttered rum batter.
- To do that, beat together the butter and brown sugar until they’re creamed, light, and fluffy. Then, beat in the ice cream and cinnamon, and transfer the mixture to a resealable container - airtight Tupperware or a mason jar is ideal.
- Store the batter in the freezer until it is mostly hardened - this should take about two hours. At that point, it’s ready to serve!
To make the drinks:
- In a medium saucepan, heat up the cider until it’s gently boiling - stir it occasionally so that it doesn’t get scalded. Once it’s steaming hot, remove it from heat, and pour it into a pitcher or another easy-to-serve container.
- Place about two tablespoons of the buttered rum batter into each mug and then fill the mugs about a third of the way up with rum. Finally, top with hot apple cider! Make sure to stir the mugs so that everything’s well dissolved before serving.
Here are more delicious cocktail recipes
Remove zest from lemons and orange in wide strips with a vegetable peeler, leaving white pith behind. Toss with sugar in a medium bowl, cover, and let...
Irish Whiskey Cocktail is a recipe with a high alcohol content and sweet and sour flavors. It has a taste that is not too heavy. Depending on the Irish...
What about an icy whiskey cocktail that will refresh you on hot summer days? Try a classic taste now.
A cocktail that has grown in popularity with the character played by Jeff Bridges in The Big Lebowski. The favorite cocktail of the character 'The Dude's...
Add all ingredients into a shaker with ice and shake.Strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice.
If you like cocktails check out 5 World Famous Traditional Cocktails.