Branzino Fish StewTurkish
Main Dish / December 10, 2020
Winter is the richest month in terms of fish and branzino is among the most popular. If you like fish, we highly recommend this excellent branzino casserole recipe from the famous Turkish gourmet Zekeriya Çolak. Bon Appetit!
Servings 4 people
Preperation 15 mins
Cooking 30 mins
Total 45 mins
- It is hard to find pepper taste. If you do not have it handy, you can use tomato paste instead. But the dish tastes much better with pepper paste, and you can find it here on amazon.
- Make sure to read our article Seasonal Calendar To Pick The Good Fish
- 2 pounds of fillet cut in cubes branzino
- 1/2 pound of mushroom
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1/2 tablespoon of pepper paste
- 2 onion
- 3 tomato
- 1 capia pepper
- 2 green pepper
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 9 ounces of kashari cheese
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Some chili flakes
- Some salt
- Some black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 356°F.
- Finely chop the onions and sautè in olive oil in a cooking pot.
- Chop the capia peppers and green peppers, add the onion and add it to the pot and mix.
- Then add the butter, tomato and pepper paste and mix.
- Add the minced garlic and mix again.
- After cooking for 1-2 minutes, add the chopped mushrooms.
- Peel the tomatoes, cut them into cubes and after the mushrooms are cooked a little add the tomatoes to the pot.
- Add the chili flakes, salt and pepper.
- After 3-4 minutes, add the fish and mix well.
- Close the lid and cook on low heat for 8-10 minutes.
- After cooking, move it in a casserole dish and put the grated cheese on it.
- Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. When the cheese melts, your stew is ready for serving.
Serving Size 1 Branzino Fish Stew
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Cholesterol 105 mg35%
Sodium 1040 mg45.2%
Potassium 1104 mg23.5%
Protein 38.1 g76.2%
Total Fat 44 g56.4%
*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.