What Is Fatteh?
Fatteh is a bread-based dish. It is made with toasted pita bread, chickpeas, and yogurt sauce. This Middle Eastern dish can be served for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Fatteh can also be prepared with ground beef or chicken.
How To Make Chicken Fatteh?
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Slice the pita bread. Mix the bread pieces with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Arrange in a single row on the baking tray. Toast for about 5-10 minutes, until the bread is golden brown. Set the bread aside to cool.
- Wash and drain the chickpeas.
- Boil the chickpeas.
- After boiling the chickpeas, transfer ⅔ of the chickpeas to the blender. Add 1 clove of garlic, salt, pepper, and cumin. Pass the mixture through the food processor until it has a smooth consistency.
- Heat the olive oil in the pan. Add the chicken breast to the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook the chickens.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet and fry the pine nuts until golden brown.
- Put the fried pita on a plate. Pour hummus-style sauce on top. In a bowl, combine the remaining boiled chickpeas. Put the fried pine nuts and chicken on the plate. Pour yogurt on top and serve.
What To Serve with Eggplant Fatteh?
Eggplant fatteh with chickpeas is usually served for breakfast in the Middle East. It can also be served as a starter or appetizer. This vegetarian fatteh recipe is a hearty meal on its own. Perfect for dinner with soup and salad.
Here are our delicious recipes that you can serve with Fatteh:
- Carrot Soup
- Homemade Creamy Tomato Soup
- Homemade Hummus
- Homemade Middle Eastern Pita Bread
- Buckwheat and Arugula Salad
How To Store Eggplant Fatteh?
It is best to consume the eggplant fatteh immediately. Fatteh does not freeze well. Bread gets wet and cannot be reheated. Therefore, it is recommended to consume it fresh.
However, you can store chickpeas, bread, and sauce separately in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Otherwise, yogurt will soak the bread over time.
Can Fatteh Be Made In Advance? Yes. You can prepare the fatteh in advance. If you want to prepare this dish in advance, you can toast the bread the day before. Store bread and sauce in separate airtight containers. Then combine the ingredients before serving.