How To Make Baked Popcorn Shrimp?
To make this popcorn shrimp recipe in the oven;
- Preheat the oven to 350 ˚F. Grease the baking tray or line the parchment paper.
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Whisk the eggs and milk in another bowl. In the other bowl, combine the panko and spice mix.
- Dip the cleaned shrimp in flour, egg, and panko, respectively.
- Then place coated shrimp in a single layer on the baking tray. Arrange all the shrimps on the tray.
- Bake in the oven for about 3 minutes on each side.
How To Make Popcorn Shrimp in an Air Fryer?
To make this popcorn shrimp recipe in an air fryer;
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs and water/milk. In the other bowl, combine panko, oil, and old bay seasoning.
- Dip the shrimp one by one in the flour, egg mixture and bread crumbs.
- Heat the air fryer to 360 °F. Put the shrimp in batches into the fryer and air fry for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Place shrimp on a plate.
What Is The Best Shrimp for Popcorn Shrimp?
Small shrimp are ideal for this recipe. However, you can also use larger shrimp varieties. Cooking time may vary depending on the size of shrimp you choose. Use medium, small, or extra-small shrimp sizes.
How To Peel and Devein Shrimp?
Use peeled and deveined shrimp for this recipe. If you wish, you can buy cleaned shrimp, or you can sort the shrimp yourself at home. Check out our How To Peel and Devein Shrimp? article.
What To Serve with Popcorn Shrimp?
Fried popcorn shrimp can be served alone or as a side dish. You can add it to rice or salads. You can also put it in between the tortillas and make delicious tacos. You can serve it with dipping sauces such as buffalo sauce, remoulade sauce, or tartar sauce.
Here are our delicious recipes that you can serve with Popcorn Shrimp:
How To Store Popcorn Shrimp?
It is best to consume the popcorn shrimp immediately. However, you can store the remaining shrimp for a few days. Let the shrimp cool completely. Then store it in a closed container in the refrigerator.
You can freeze these popcorn shrimp. For this, cool the shrimp completely. Store it in the freezer in a sealed container or ziplock bag for about 2 months. Bring frozen shrimp to room temperature. Heat in the oven at 350 ˚F for about 10 minutes. However, it will not be as crispy as the day you made it.