Soup / October 30, 2019
A very delicious and satisfying meal that is unique to the Gaziantep region in Turkey. If you have not tried this recipe yet, you are missing a lot. This meal, both healthy and satisfying, will be enough to enrich your table by itself.
Servings 4-6 people
Preperation 60 mins
Cooking 40 mins
Total 100 mins
- 1.1 pounds of stew meat
- 1 cup of boiled chickpea
- Some water
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons of black pepper
- 0.8 pound of strained yogurt
- 2 teaspoons of chili flakes
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of dry mint
- 0.6 pound of ground beef
- 0.9 pound of rice flour
- Knead the rice flour with a little water. After kneading a certain amount, add ground beef and keep kneading.
- Add salt, pepper, paprika. Knead and check the consistency. If the meatballs do not disperse when you turn them into tiny balls, the consistency is appropriate.
- Cook the cubed lamb meat in the pot with water.
- After cooking the meat, add some broth to the yogurt and warm it. Then slowly add this mix to the meat, while stirring and cook it. Bring it to a boil.
- Make the meatballs in the size of chickpeas. Add the tiny rounded meatballs and the chickpeas to the soup and cook without mixing too much. Check the salt.
- When the meatballs are cooked, turn off the bottom of the stove.
- Melt the butter in a separate pan, add mint and fry the mint. Pour it over the soup.
Serving Size 1 Turkish Yuvalama
Amount Per Serving