What Are Deviled Eggs?
Deviled Eggs are hard-boiled eggs filled with a mixture of egg yolks. After the eggs are boiled, the yolk filling is spooned into the egg white. Deviled eggs are often seasoned with smoked paprika. Served with dill or chives.
How To Peel a Hard-Boiled Egg?
One of the most important steps in a deviled egg recipe is peeling the egg. Here are a few tricks for easy peeling of boiled eggs:
- Soak the eggs in iced water before peeling them.
- When peeling the eggs, break the end of the shell first. Then roll it on the counter and peel the egg.
- Steam the eggs instead of boiling them.
Deviled Egg Recipe Flavor Variations
There are many options for customizing your own spicy recipe. For example, you can try to do them.
- Add more crushed red peppers.
- Add more flavor with cheese.
- Add avocado instead of mayonnaise.
- Add different fresh herbs.
- Add the bacon or ham on top.
What To Serve with Deviled Eggs?
These deviled eggs can be served as an appetizer or side dish. It goes well with sandwiches. It can also be added to salads. It can be served with meat, chicken, or seafood.
Here are our delicious recipes that you can serve with Deviled Eggs:
How To Store Deviled Eggs?
Consume these deviled eggs on the day of serving for the best flavor. You can store leftover eggs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for several days.
Deviled eggs can be frozen. You can freeze the filling material in the egg. But do not freeze egg whites. Otherwise, the egg white will harden and release water when dissolved.