What Is Green Juice?
Green Juice or Green Detox Water is basically a drink made from leafy green vegetables and fruits. It is usually prepared with green vegetables such as celery, kale, spinach, and kale.
Fruit is also added to the recipes to sweeten the detox water prepared with green vegetables. The most preferred fruits are green apples, kiwi, strawberries, lemons, grapefruits and oranges.
Green juices prepared at home contain natural sugar. In this respect, it is healthier than ready-made detox drinks. The basic ingredients in these drinks are green vegetables and herbs. Fruit is used for flavoring.
How To Make The Best Green Juice?
You can easily prepare Green Juice at home. First of all, you should make sure to use the fresh ingredients while preparing this delicious vegetable juice. Here's how to make detox water and other tips:
- Wash the ingredients thoroughly. After cleaning the vegetables and fruits, cut them into small pieces. You can adjust their size according to your juicer.
- Put the celery, salad, and water in the juicer and mix them. These materials have high fiber and water content.
- Then add parsley and basil. These herbs help your body cleanse from toxins.
- Add apples and kiwi to sweeten.
- Finally, add the lemon juice and ginger. Ginger is a great food with its anti-inflammatory properties. Lemon, which is rich in vitamin C, helps strengthen the immune system and remove toxins from the body.
- Mix all the ingredients for 3 minutes until you have a smooth consistency. If you wish, squeeze the juice from the vegetables with a spoon.
- Then add ice to the glass and your drink is ready to serve.
Is Green Juice Really Good For You?
Green Juice is a healthy drink when consumed in moderation. This vegetable-based drink is rich in vitamins A, C and K.
One of the benefits of green detox juice, which helps to support heart and brain health, is that it supports digestive health. It also helps to remove toxins from the body. It increases energy. It supports weight loss. Green vegetables are foods with high antioxidant content. So, green detox water is rich in antioxidants.
Nevertheless, it should not be consumed too much. When consumed in excess, it can damage blood sugar and kidney function.
Does Green Juice Help You Lose Weight?
Yes and no. Consuming certain green vegetable juices can boost your metabolism and help your body burn calories. Also, depending on the fruits and vegetables used, these drinks can be high in sugar. Although it contains natural sweetness, it can cause you to feel hunger from lowering blood sugar.
When Should You Drink Green Juice?
You can consume green detox water before meals. You can also choose this healthy drink as a snack. If you want to consume mealtime, you should pay attention to your calorie intake. In addition, it is recommended that you consume it with uncooked foods such as salads instead of cooked meals. You can increase the effect of green juice by consuming at least one hour before or after your coffee.
How To Store Green Juice?
The healthiest way of consumption is to use freshly prepared green detox water. If you want to keep it in the refrigerator, you can store it in an airtight glass container. After preparing the green juice, you should immediately put it in the refrigerator. You can preserve its nutritional value by adding lemon or lime. You should not keep it in the refrigerator for more than 1-2 days.
If you want to keep it for longer than 48 hours, you can freeze green juices. You can store it by putting it in ice molds or a refrigerator bag. If you have prepared it at home, you must consume it within 7 days. If you have ready-made water, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to 6 months. You should keep it in the refrigerator before consuming. Then make sure to consume it immediately.