Dessert / August 24, 2019
One of the traditional desserts of Romanian cuisine. Practically delicious donuts. You can serve it with sour jams.
Servings 4-6 people
Preperation 20 mins
Cooking 30 mins
Total 50 mins
- 1 pound of quark cheese
- 3.5 ounces of granulated sugar
- 2 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 7 ounces of flour
- 2 ounces of heavy cream
- Mix the granulated sugar and eggs in food processor. Add the quark cheese, baking powder, vanilla extract and flour and mix until it reaches a homogenous state. If the quark cheese is too wet, you may add 1 more tablespoon of flour.
- Set the oven at 175 C (347 F).
- Make pastry balls small enough to fit into your palm. Press it with your finger to flatten it, make a hole in the center.
- Place the greased paper in the ovenware and place the pastry on top. Bake on the oven for 30 minutes. Then pour cream and jam on top of it and serve.
Serving Size 1 Papanasi Dessert
Amount Per Serving