A Turkish saying goes, "the only thing better than this is an apricot in Damascus". We agree, the apricot is a tasty fruit, and it's jam is even more delicious. Spread some butter on a pancake, and top it with a delicious apricot jam and you will know what we mean.
- To prevent frothing, you can add 1 teaspoon of butter to the jam.
- Wash apricots and remove seeds. Divide it into four and put it in the saucepan.
- Spread the granulated sugar over the apricots, close the lid and leave for 2-3 hours to release its juice.
- After waiting, add 1 cup of drinking water and put the saucepan on the stove. Boil over low heat.
- Remove the foam formed on the pan with a spoon.
- When the jam starts to come to the proper consistency, add lemon juice and boil for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat when the jam gets darken and allow it to cool.