Main Dish / September 12, 2019
Servings 4 people
Preperation 15 mins
Cooking 10 mins
Total 25 mins
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 pound of carrot
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 24 ounces of center-cut salmon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cilantro (coriander)
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of roughly chopped mint
- 1/4 cup of sliced almond
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- Preheat the broiler. Lightly oil the broiler pan. Toss the carrots with 1 tablespoon olive oil in a bowl, then spread out on one side of the pan. Broil until the carrots begin to soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk 2 tablespoons olive oil, the honey, mustard and 1 tablespoon lime juice in a small bowl. Brush the tops and sides of the salmon with the glaze. Put the salmon, skin-side down, on the other side of the broiler pan next to the carrots and season with salt and pepper. Broil until the salmon is golden brown and just cooked through and the carrots are crisp-tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Whisk the remaining 1 tablespoon each olive oil and lime juice, the coriander, cumin, cinnamon, mint and almonds in a bowl. Add the carrots and toss to combine; season with salt and pepper. Serve the salmon with the carrots and lime wedges.