Crispy Apple-Oat FrittersAmerican
Dessert / 18 August 2019
<a href="https://www.petitegourmets.com/recipes/crispy-apple-oat-fritters"><p style="margin: 0 0 6px;"><img style="width: 14px; padding: 0 4px 0 0;" src="https://d2lswn7b0fl4u2.cloudfront.net/assets/icons/pg-round-favicon.ico" />Crispy Apple-Oat Fritters</p><img style="display: block; width: 100%;" src="https://d2lswn7b0fl4u2.cloudfront.net/photos/crispy-apple-oat-fritters.jpg" alt="Crispy Apple-Oat Fritters" /><p style="padding: 6px 0 12px;">Whisk 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon in a shallow bowl; set aside. Fit a large pot with thermometer and pour in oil to measure 3”. Heat over medium-high heat until thermometer registers 375°F. Meanwhile, pulse oats in a food processor to a coarse powder. Transfer to a large bowl and whisk... - <strong>Show More</strong></p></a>
Servings 8 people
- 10tablespoons ofgranulated sugar
- 1.5teaspoons ofcinnamon
- 4cups ofsunflower oil
- 1cup ofgluten free oat
- 1/2cup ofrice flour
- 2tablespoons ofcorn starch
- 1teaspoon ofbaking powder
- 3/4teaspoon ofsalt
- 1/2cup ofclub soda
- Whisk 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon in a shallow bowl; set aside.
- Fit a large pot with thermometer and pour in oil to measure 3”. Heat over medium-high heat until thermometer registers 375°F.
- Meanwhile, pulse oats in a food processor to a coarse powder. Transfer to a large bowl and whisk in rice flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, and remaining 2 Tbsp. sugar and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon. Whisk in egg and 1/2 cup club soda, adding more soda by the tablespoonful until the consistency of pancake batter.
- Working in batches and maintaining oil temperature, dip apple rings in batter and fry, turning occasionally, until golden brown and crisp, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer fritters to a paper towel–lined plate; let drain briefly, then toss in reserved cinnamon sugar.