What Is The Best Lettuce To Use For Lettuce Wraps?
You can use these three types of lettuces for lettuce wraps:
1. Butter Lettuce: Butter lettuce or Bibb is the most preferable lettuce for wraps. The buttery texture of the lettuce makes it perfect for wrapping up your favorite filling inside. It is very thin and often comes in small heads.
2. Romaine Lettuce: Romaine or Cos is a crunchy and sturdy kind of lettuce that makes it perfect for wraps as well as salads. It pairs perfectly with your favorite chicken, veggies, and sauce flavors
3. Iceberg Lettuce: The iceberg or crisphead type of lettuce has a sturdy and crunchy texture and sturdy leaves that make the best wraps. But not everyone likes iceberg lettuce as it has a relatively bland taste compared to the other two types.
No matter what type of lettuce you use, make sure that they are large in size. Also, wash them well with clean water. Lettuce will give your wraps a fresh and crunchy taste so they should be fresh and crisp.
What To Serve with Chicken Lettuce Wraps?
You can definitely eat solo. However, you can serve them with any of the following:
Spicy Noodles: If you love your food spicy and exciting, then noodles will be the perfect side dish to go with your chicken lettuce wraps.
Steamed Brown Rice: White rice is often high in carbs and not the healthiest choice to serve alongside your chicken lettuce wraps. Brown rice can be a really good option.
Fried Rice: If you love fried rice and think that it goes with most Asian food then why not serve it with your Thai chicken lettuce wraps recipe? It will definitely be fun and exciting pairing up these dishes together.
Roasted Garlic White Bean Dip: Have you ever tried pairing up white bean dip with chicken? It goes well with any kind of wrap and this one is particularly delicious.
Roasted Cauliflower Hummus Dip: If you want something deliciously different then roasted cauliflower hummus dip is definitely for you. It goes perfectly with any wrap so it makes a good side dish for your chicken wraps.
Garlic Kale Dip: If you are looking for an exciting way to increase the nutrition in your favorite dishes, then garlic kale sauce will be perfect to go with your wraps.
Here are our delicious recipes that you can serve with Chicken Lettuce Wraps:
What Are The Lettuce Wrap Toppings?
There are tons of different ingredients that you can use to top off your chicken lettuce wraps. You can try:
- Sautéed or Grilled Shrimp
- Grilled or Roasted Spicy Shishito Peppers
- Sliced Scallions
- Steamed Edamame Beans
- Sauteed Spinach and Mushrooms
- Crispy Bacon Bites