What are Zucchini Noodles?
Zucchini noodles are just zucchini cut in the shape of noodles. These veggie noodles are gluten-free and paleo-friendly, making them perfect for those trying to eat a little better.
They are also super easy to make. This zoodle recipe shows you how to make a binge-worthy meal in about 10-15 minutes which is a healthy replacement for pasta, spaghetti, and noodles and can be made with other alternative vegetables as well.
How to Make Zucchini Noodles with a Spiralizer?
Zucchini noodles spiralizer is the main way to make zoodles. To spiralize, put the zucchini inside the spiralizer or use a handheld spiralizer. Cut off both ends of the zucchini before putting it in the spiralizer.
If using a handheld spiralizer to make noodles, use a twisting motion. In a countertop spiralizer, position the zucchini properly, select the cut type, and turn the crank. You’ll have raw zoodles in no time.
How to Cook Zucchini Noodles?
- Raw: One of the healthiest ways to enjoy this zoodles recipe is to leave it raw. Spiralize the zoodles and serve them with Parmesan and parsley without cooking or baking them. You can also serve these raw zucchini noodles with chicken.
- Boiling: Fill a pot up to ¾ with water and add 1 tablespoon of salt. Bring the water to a boil and add the zoodles in. Let them cook for about three minutes till the green color deepens. Drain the zoodles and serve with a salad dressing of your choice.
- Sautéing: Sauté your zoodles in a skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil or butter to the skillet before adding the spiralized zoodles, salt, and pepper. Saute for 5-10 minutes and keep turning the zoodles with tongs until the color becomes darker and zoodles are soft in texture. Follow this same process for cooking zoodles in a pan instead of a skillet.
- Microwaving: After making zoodles, put them in an oven-safe container and microwave them for 5-6 minutes, or until they become the right texture. Garnish and serve.
- Baking: To roast zoodles, preheat your oven to 350°F. Mix zoodles, olive oil, salt, and pepper and spread evenly on a sheet pan. Add to the oven and bake until cooked to the desired level. Serve with zucchini noodles sauce or pasta sauce.
What to Serve with Zucchini Noodles?
There are many ways to enjoy zucchini noodles. You can make zoodle recipes with salmon or serve some cooked juicy chicken with your zoodles. Even a simple sauce or marinara goes a long way in bringing out the best in this simple but elegant dish.
And if you’re really feeling like sprucing things up, you can add in some sour cream or melted cheese to take these veggie noodles to the next level.
Here are some our delicious recipes that you can serve with Zucchini Noodles: