How To Make Cornbread in a Pan?
To make the cast-iron skillet cornbread,
- Preheat the cast iron skillet. Preheat the baking pan in a 400 °F (200 °C) oven.
- In a large bowl, mix the cornmeal, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Combine the melted butter and oil in a separate bowl.
- Whisk the dry and wet ingredients until combined.
- Distribute the cornbread dough evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, until the top of the bread is golden brown and the toothpick inserted is clean.
- Let the bread cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
How To Make Vegan Cornbread?
To make the cornbread recipe vegan,
Eggs: Use flaxseed eggs or applesauce instead of eggs in the recipe.
Oil: Use vegan butter or coconut cream.
Milk: Instead of whole milk, use a plant-based dairy product such as coconut milk and almond milk.
Also, to make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free flour.
What To Serve with Cornbread?
Cornbread goes well with many foods. It can be served alongside soups or stews. You can also prepare a delicious and satisfying meal with boiled vegetables.
Here are our delicious recipes that you can serve with Cornbread:
How To Store Cornbread?
It is best to consume cornbread the same day you bake it. You can also store cornbread in the refrigerator or freezer. Allow the cooked cornbread to cool completely. Then wrap in cling film and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Can Cornbread Be Frozen? Yes. After baking the cornbread, let it cool completely. Then wrap in cling film and freeze in a freezer bag for up to 1 month.