Raw Energy Bar with Nuts
You love the ready made bars, don't you? Sorry, but you may be doing nothing but buying products you don't know the contents of. So why don't you just make them instead of buying them ready. You can make it at home in a very short time with ingredients that best for your taste. It is an ideal snack to increase your energy level. Raw, natural ingredients needed, food processor and your creativity. Here is an energy bar recipe that will give you an idea. Bon Appetit!
- 6.5 ounces of date
- 5 ounces of dry apricot
- 1.5 ounces of dry cherry
- 1.5 ounces of almond
- 1.5 ounces of grated coconut
- 1.5 ounces of cashew nuts
- 1.5 ounces of pumpkin seed
- 1.5 ounces of sunflower seed
- 2 tablespoons of cacao
- Line a 20 cm square baking tray with baking parchment. Place the chopped dates in heatproof bowl and cover with hot water. Leave them to soak while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- After 5 minutes, drain the dates using a sieve. When cool enough to handle, press the dates lightly to remove some of the water, leaving them just a little damp. Place them in a food processor and add all the remaining ingredients.
- Process the mixture until it is well combined, the nuts and seeds are in small pieces, and the mixture begins to form a ball in the bowl of the food processor. If the mixture is not blending thoroughly, take some out and process it in batches.
- Dampen your hands and turn the mixture out into the lined baking tray. Push the mixture into an even layer using your hands. Dampen the back of a large metal spoon, and use it to even out the surface of the mixture. Place the filled tray in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
- Turn the mixture out onto a board and cut into 16 squares. Wrap the squares individually in graseproof paper to prevent them from sticking together, and store in an airtight container in the fridge until needed.