How To Cut The Avocado?
From avocado toast to salad, here's all you need to know to cut perfect avocado slices. How to cut an avocado and store it? Here are some tips for cutting avocados.
Avocado is a fruit that is often consumed as a healthy snack. You can put a slice of avocado on toast for breakfast, add this creamy fruit to salads, or puree it to make guacamole. So how do you cut an avocado? Learn how to cut avocado into perfect slices with these tips.
How To Choose an Avocado?
When buying avocados to use in salads, pizza, or any recipe, you should prefer ripe ones. Ripe, ready-to-eat avocados are usually darker in color. If you are not going to consume it right away, you can wait for it to mature. It may take 2-5 days for them to mature.
When purchasing avocados, do not choose avocados with bruises or soft spots. Instead, get those that are heavy and firm for their size.
How To Cut an Avocado?
To cut the avocado, follow these steps:
- Wash and dry the avocado.
- Circulate a sharp knife around the length of the avocado. You will feel the knife hitting the core. With both hands, turn the 2 halves in opposite directions and pull to detach them.
- With the inner side facing up, insert the blade into the core and remove it.
- Then peel the skin using your hands. Press the shell from top to bottom, then remove it easily. You can remove the inner part with the help of a spoon.
- Place the avocado half flat on the side board and chop it as desired.
Tips for Cutting Avocado
Here are some tips for cutting avocados:
- Choose ripe avocados. Be careful not to be too soft or too hard.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the avocado.
- To make it easier to cut the avocado, you can first cut it in half lengthwise around the core, and then separate the avocado by turning it in opposite directions. If it is difficult to remove the core, you can gently remove it with a spoon or knife.
- If you're not going to use the avocado right away, squeeze some lemon juice on it to prevent it from browning.
How To Tell if an Avocado Is Ripe?
Choose firm and ripe avocados for this recipe. So, how do you tell if an avocado is ripe? Here are a few tips:
- Look at the color of the avocado peel. The darker the peel, the more ripe the avocado. Take an avocado that is not dark brown or black.
- Test the firmness of the avocado. Squeeze the avocado lightly. If it's too soft, it's overripe. Get avocados that are not too soft or too hard.
- Look at the stem of the avocado. Choose avocados that come off easily.
How To Prevent Avocado from Browning?
Avocado begins to turn brown after being cut due to the enzymes it contains. When an avocado is exposed to air, the flesh oxidizes and turns black. So how can this be avoided?
Here are ways to keep avocados fresh and prevent them from browning:
- You can boil the avocados to prevent them from browning. Boil a whole avocado in hot water for 10 seconds. Then put it in a bowl of iced water.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice on the fleshy part of the avocado to prevent it from turning brown after it is cut. Then wrap it in cling film. Avocados will start to darken later, thanks to the acid in the citrus and the cling film.
- Use red onions to prevent the avocado from browning. Chop ¼ of an onion in a covered bowl. Place the avocado on top of the onion, with the fleshy side facing up. The steam of the onion will prevent the avocado from browning.
- Brush some oil on the fleshy part of the avocado. Olive oil prevents the air from coming into contact with the fruit, preventing it from darkening.
- To prevent browning, especially when cutting avocados, wrap them in aluminum foil. Then keep it in a closed container. Thus, the fruit will not take in air and will not darken.
Here are our delicious recipes that you can prepare with avocado:
Chicken Salad with Green Beans
Boil the chickens in a large saucepan with a little salt and boil for 15 minutes with the saucepan closed. Let it rest for 10 minutes after being boiled.Squeeze...
Avocado Purslane Salad
A delicious salad prepared in 10 minutes without the hassle of cooking. You will find the perfect harmony of purslane, avocado and strawberry in this recipe....
Avocado Smoothie is a nutritious and delicious drink prepared with just a few ingredients. This refreshing green smoothie is a healthy and practical recipe....
Mexican Quinoa Salad
Quinoa is very popular in United States. It is a healthy, high protein grain that tastes delicious. This is a perfect recipe for a work lunch, or any lunch,...
Avocado Pizza is ideal for vegetarians or those looking for a healthy pizza alternative. All you need to make this easy recipe is avocado and pizza dough....
Guacamole - Avocado Dip
Mexico has a very sophisticated culture. You can understand it from their unique cuisine as well. One of them is the guacamole, which goes well with any...
When it comes to avocado recipes, easy avocado toast is definitely one of the most popular. After all, it’s simple, indulgent and the perfect combination...
Avocado fries are avocado slices with a crispy panko breadcrumb coating. You can fry or bake these avocado slices until golden brown.If you are looking...
Chocolate Avocado Pudding
Chocolate Avocado Pudding is a vegan, low-carb, dairy-free, and gluten-free dessert that you can prepare with just a few ingredients. Make all your loved...