How To Make Baked Avocado Fries?
To make the fried avocado in the oven,
- Prepare the oven: Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Slice the avocados: Cut the avocados in half, peel them, and remove the seeds. Slice the avocado lengthwise.
- Bread the avocado slices: Dip each slice in flour and turn to coat. Shake off excess flour. Then dip into the egg and panko bread crumbs.
- Bake the avocados: Place the coated avocado slices on the baking sheet. Drizzle some olive oil on it. Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
How To Make Avocado Fries in an Air Fryer?
To make fried avocado in an air fryer,
- Prepare air fryer: Preheat the air fryer to 350 °F (180 °C).
- Cut the avocados: Peel and slice the avocados.
- Bread the avocados: Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl. Dip each avocado slice in the flour, then the egg, panko mixture, and coat well.
- Fry the avocados: Transfer the avocado slices to the air fryer basket. Fry on both sides for about 3 minutes until golden brown. Repeat the same process for the remaining slices.
How To Tell if an Avocado Is Ripe?
Choose firm and ripe avocados for this recipe. So, how do you tell if an avocado is ripe? Here are a few tips:
- Look at the color of the avocado peel. The darker the peel, the more ripe the avocado. Take an avocado that is not dark brown or black.
- Test the firmness of the avocado. Squeeze the avocado lightly. If it's too soft, it's overripe. Get avocados that are not too soft or too hard.
- Look at the stem of the avocado. Choose avocados that come off easily.
What To Serve with Avocado Fries?
Serve the crispy avocado fries as a main course or appetizer. You can eat them alone or use them as taco fillings.
Pair these crispy avocado slices with any dipping sauce of your choice. Use these fried avocados to make avocado tacos. It also goes great with cheese sauce or salad as a side dish. Serve with a veggie burger, french fries, and popcorn shrimp as an appetizer.
Here are our delicious recipes that you can serve with Avocado Fries:
How To Store Fried Avocado?
It is best to consume the avocado fries right away. Avocado slices will turn brown when exposed to air. To avoid this, squeeze fresh lemon juice/lime juice on it. Then wrap it in cling film. Avocados will start to darken later, thanks to the acid in the citrus and the cling film. This way, you can store it in the refrigerator overnight.
Can Fried Avocado Be Reheated? You can reheat the avocado fries. You can heat it in the oven at 350 °F (180 °C) for 10-15 minutes or until fully warmed up to retain its crispiness and crispness.