How To Make Baked Eggs At Home?
You can make baked eggs with sunny-side up or scrambled eggs.
Here are some tips for making the best oven baked eggs recipe at home:
- Choose fresh and high-quality eggs. This affects the flavor and texture of the dish.
- Use the correct baking tray or ramekin. Choose a baking dish that is the right size for the number of eggs you cook. While the baking dish is too large, it may cause the eggs to scatter too much and overcook; too small baking dish may cause the eggs to be undercooked.
- Carefully break the eggs. Crack the eggs one by one into a bowl before adding them to the baking dish. This prevents the shells from falling onto the plate and prevents the eggs from falling apart.
- Preheat the oven. Make sure you preheat the oven to the correct temperature to ensure the eggs cook evenly.
- Grease the baking pan. Grease the baking pan with butter, cooking spray, or olive oil to prevent the eggs and other ingredients from sticking.
- Add fresh herbs and spices. Use seasonings and grated cheese to add flavor to the egg.
- Do not overcook the eggs. Check the eggs regularly as they cook to avoid overcooking them. Cook the eggs until the whites are firm and the yolks are runny. Cooking time may vary depending on the size of the eggs and the temperature of the oven.
- Let the eggs rest before serving. Remove the eggs from the oven and let them rest for a few minutes before serving. This will allow them to harden and cool slightly.
How To Make Scrambled Eggs in the Oven?
To make this recipe with scrambled eggs,
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F (190 °C). Grease the baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the sliced garlic sausages until browned on both sides. Remove the sausages from the pan and set them aside.
- Add the diced potatoes to the same pan and cook until lightly browned and tender. Take the potatoes in a bowl and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until well mixed.
- Place the browned garlic sausage and cooked potatoes evenly in the baking dish.
- Pour the egg mixture into the prepared baking dish. If you wish, you can mix the egg mixture, potatoes, and sausages.
- Sprinkle small pieces of butter or grated cheese on top.
- Bake the eggs for 25-30 minutes or until the eggs are firm and lightly browned.
- Remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle fresh herbs or spices and grated cheese over the baked eggs.
How Long Should Eggs Be Baked?
The baking time for eggs may vary depending on the size of the eggs, the temperature of the oven, and the baking dish. In general, for this recipe, eggs should be cooked until the whites are firm and the yolks are runny.
While cooking eggs in the oven,
Look at the size of the eggs. The cooking time of the egg may vary depending on its size and cooking method. Egg cooking times in the oven are as follows, according to their size:
- Small eggs: 8-10 minutes
- Medium eggs: 10-12 minutes
- Large eggs: 12-14 minutes
Make sure you use the correct baking dish. While the baking dish is too large, it may cause the eggs to scatter too much and overcook; the small baking dish may cause the eggs to be undercooked.
Oven temperatures should be around 350 °F to 375 °F (175 °C to 190 °C). If you are using other ingredients, such as vegetables or cheese, the temperature and cooking time will vary.
Egg cooking times may vary depending on factors such as cooking method, egg size, oven temperature, and baking dish. Therefore, check the eggs regularly while they are cooking to avoid undercooking or overcooking the eggs.
What To Serve with Baked Eggs?
Baked eggs are a great dish for breakfast, brunch or dinner. These eggs can be served with toast or avocado toast. It goes well with scones, muffins or cinnamon rolls. Also, mimosa can be served with a hot cup of coffee or tea.
This baked potato and sausage egg can be served with salad and roasted vegetables as a hearty main course.
Here are our delicious recipes that you can serve with Baked Eggs:
How To Store Baked Eggs?
Baked eggs with sausage and potatoes can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Allow the food to cool to room temperature before storing it in the refrigerator. Then transfer to an airtight container. This helps prevent the eggs from drying out and absorbing odors from other foods in the refrigerator. Store this way in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Can Baked Eggs Be Frozen? No. Eggs in this oven don't freeze well and can become rubbery and hard when thawed. Store the boiled egg in the refrigerator and warm it up before consuming.
How To Reheat a Baked Egg? Reheat this baked egg in the oven or microwave before serving.
Oven: To reheat in the oven, preheat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C). Put the food in the baking dish and cover it with foil. Bake for 10–15 minutes or until fully heated.
Microwave: To reheat in the microwave, place the eggs in a microwave-safe container. Cover it with a damp paper towel. Microwave on high at 30-second intervals until fully heated through, stirring occasionally.
Reheated eggs will not have the same texture and flavor as freshly made eggs. Therefore, it is best to consume the egg within a few days for the best taste and texture.