How to Make Vegan Keskek at Home?
The main ingredient of the traditional Turkish dish, keşkek, is Aşure (splitting) wheat and meat. It is made by boiling all materials and combining them by pounding. It can also be cooked without meat.
The necessary ingredients for the meat-free recipe are wheat, butter, spices, milk and water. To make meatless keskek at home:
- Put the wheat in hot water overnight.
- Put enough boiled water on it. Leave it to cook.
- When the water is drained, mash it by adding salt and milk. Take it to the tray.
- Melt the butter and red pepper and pour it over.
How to Make Chicken Keskek at Home?
This delicious meal, made with cauldrons in ancient times, can be fat both with and without meat. Although you can easily make keskek in a pot at home, it is made with lamb in its original recipe, but chicken meat is also preferred today. The most important point in the Chicken Keskek recipe is to prefer thigh chicken with bone. Meat with bones should be used to make the dish tasty.
- Boil the wheat the night before.
- Cook until the wheat gets boiled.
- Add the chicken drumsticks to the pan and cook for about 40 minutes.
- Separate the bones of the chickens after they are cooked and poke them.
- Beat all ingredients thoroughly with a hand blender or spoon.
How is Keskek Served?
After the keşkek is cooked, it is taken into the plates. Butter, salt and red pepper mixture is poured over it. In addition, boiled chickpeas can be preferred while serving this appetizer.
Eggplant pickles are often served with keskek.