What is Tagine?
Tagine is both the name of the dish and the vessel in which the dish is cooked. The pot, tajin, is a shallow clay pot for cooking with a cone-shaped lid. Cooking the food in the Tagine dish imparts all the different flavors of spices and ingredients that are often lost in moisture. The moisture inside the tagine rises at the edges of the lids and gives the dish all the flavor.
How To Make Chicken Tagine In The Oven?
Making chicken in the oven usually has the same technique with few differences. Follow the following steps for making a chicken tagine recipe:
- Preheat oven to 425 °F/ 220 °C and coat the bottom of the baking dish with enough oil
- Add the sliced onions and garlic from the marinade and then add chicken to the top.
- Add lemons and olives and drizzle the remaining olive oil over the chicken.
- Bake the chicken in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the chicken is light golden brown.
- Reduce the heat gradually to 350 °F/180 °C and bake the chicken for 20 more minutes. Remove from the oven when the chicken is dark brown.
- Your chickens are ready. Let it cool for a few minutes. Then serve it.
What To Serve With Chicken Tagine?
You can serve the traditional Chicken Tagine with white or brown rice. You can also serve it with couscous.
Here are some our delicious recipes that you can serve with Chicken Tagine:
How To Store Chicken Tagine?
Like all stews, Tagine is stored the best in the refrigerator. You can keep tagine for two days in the fridge, and as all the flavours get time to mingle with each other, it tastes better the next day.
- Chickpea Chicken Tagine: Chickpeas and Chicken Tagine are always the best partners, so adding boiled chickpeas when cooking chicken tender with some honey and cinnamon will give a pleasant creating taste to the recipe.
- Sweetcorn Chicken Tagine: Sweet Corns and Chicken Tagine look and taste good together. You can add sweetcorn to the chicken while cooking it on tagine with a bit of teaspoon of honey will create an excellent recipe.