Mandarin Orange Jerusalem ArtichokeTurkish
Appetizer / November 24, 2020
You will not be able to get enough of this healthy and easy recipe, the famous olive oil based mandarin orange Jerusalem artichoke.
Servings 4-6 people
Preperation 10 mins
Cooking 30 mins
Total 40 mins
- 2 pounds of jerusalem artichoke
- 3 potato
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 3 carrot
- 2 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of rice
- 1/2 bunch of dill
- 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of mandarin orange juice
- 1 mandarin orange
- Peel Jerusalem artichokes and potatoes, soak them in lemon water and chop them as desired.
- Clean and chop the carrots and cut two mandarin oranges into rings. Peel and chop the onions and garlic. Soak the rice.
- Put the olive oil in a suitable saucepan, heat it, add the carrot, onion, garlic and sauté.
- Add the potatoes and Jerusalem artichokes and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add the mandarin orange juice, sugar, salt and boil. After 5 minutes, add the rice. Add tangerine rings on top, and cover the pot while cooking over low heat until the vegetables are soft.
- Once they are soft remove from the stove.
- Leave to cool with the lid closed.
- Decorate with dill and serve.
Serving Size 1 Mandarin Orange Jerusalem Artichoke
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Sodium 54 mg2.3%
Potassium 1734 mg36.9%
Protein 10.7 g21.4%
Total Fat 14.5 g18.6%
*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.