How To Clean and Fillet Sea Bass?
You can buy sea bass fillet from supermarkets and fishermen stores. Or you can take the whole sea bass and clean it and fillet it. So how to clean sea bass, how to peel the sea bass skin?
- Cut the fins of the fish at the root with a sharp knife.
- Scrape the fish scales with the sharp side of the knife.
- After scraping off the scales on both sides of the fish, rinse thoroughly with water. Then dry with a paper towel.
- Put the fish on the cutting board. Cut the fish from the abdomen to the head.
- To extract the viscera, carefully remove it from the head towards the tail.
- Wash the fish in water again. Dry again with a paper towel.
- Carefully separate the fish's head from the body.
- Cut the fish lengthwise, holding it from the tail. Turn it over and cut the other side in the same way.
- Make a small incision with the help of a sharp knife to peel off the sea bass skin sides.
- Place the knife between the skin and the meat and separate the skin from the meat with the help of a knife.
- After removing the fillet, check it with your hand so that there are no bones.
- Your fillet is now ready for use in your recipe.
How to Marinate Sea Bass?
Branzino or sea bass consumed especially in winter is among the indispensable tastes of summer tables. You can also make sea bass in your home oven or pan.
When using sea bass in your recipes, you can add flavor to your fish by marinating. Marinating, also known as 'sauced', is done for making the meat softer and more delicious. The taste of the meat kept in the mixture for a while becomes more evident.
Sea bass, one of the most suitable fish to be marinated, can be cooked in many ways. You can make your recipe even more unique by applying one of the different marinating methods before cooking. In addition to acidic ingredients such as vinegar and wine; lemon juice, orange juice and olive oil can be preferred for marinating fish. Also, food such as milk and yogurt can be used.
The marinating process prevents the fish from sticking to the tray or grill. So how long should sea bass be marinated? How long the fish will be seasoned depends on the thickness of the meat, whether the fish is whole or fillet, and the product used in marinating. Sea bass should be marinated for an average of 30 minutes. You can use the following recipes while marinating branzino.
Marinated Sea Bass (Branzino) with Orange Juice
One of the most preferred methods of marinating sea bass is to sauce with orange juice. For this recipe; squeeze 3 oranges and half a lemon. Add 4 tablespoons of olive oil and preferably dill. Leave the sea bass with fillets in this mixture for half an hour.
Marinated Sea Bass (Branzino) with Milk
Milk can be used to season white meat fish. In this recipe; Mix 1/2 cup of milk, 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of cumin or coriander, 3 cloves of chopped garlic.
Marinated Sea Bass (Branzino) with Olive Oil
It is preferred for lean meat or low fat fish meat. In this recipe; Mix 1/2 cup of olive oil, 1 squeezed lemon, 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh thyme and 2 cloves of garlic.
How Do You Make a Branzino Fillet In The Oven?
Branzino, which is a low-fat fish, takes its place on the tables especially in winter. It is a healthy meal with delicious recipes in the pan or oven. If you are wondering how to bake branzino (sea bass) fillet, be sure to try the this delicious branzino recipe we prepared for you.
How Long Does It Take to Bake the Fillet Branzino?
Bake the branzino fillet you have taken ready or cleaned at home in the oven for 20 minutes. Leave the oven door open for about 5 minutes, before taking it out of the oven. Your baked fillet sea bass is ready to be eaten. Baked branzino fillet takes about half an hour to cook. It is a delicious fish when it is cooked the right amount.
Is Baked Sea Bass Served Whole?
You can also serve the fish whole. When cooked as a whole branzino, the flavor of the fish is preserved. However, it is recommended to make sea bass fillet for easy consumption. You can also choose whole fish in our baked sea bass recipe.
What To Serve with Baked Branzino Fish?
Here are our delicious recipes that you can serve with Branzino Fish:
The Benefits of Branzino Fish
Branzino is a fish type that draws attention with the vitamins and minerals it contains. Containing a small amount of fat and plenty of protein, branzino is an important food source especially for the development of muscles. It contains vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12 and D. These vitamins are especially effective in protecting fish from winter diseases. In addition, since branzino does not.