Yellow Lentil Vegan WaffleBelgian
Breakfast / August 18, 2019
Servings 4 people
Preperation 15 mins
Cooking 15 mins
Total 30 mins
- 7 ounces of raspberry
- 7 ounces of blackberry
- 7 ounces of blueberries
- 1/4 teaspoon of five spice powder
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 10 ounces of almond milk
- 2 ounces of canola oil
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of agave syrup
- 8 ounces of wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 5 ounces of yellow lentil
- In a small saucepan, combine the raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, five-spice powder and cinnamon stick. Cover and cook over a low heat for 15 minutes, stirring regularly, until the berries break down into a thickened sauce. Add 2-3 tablespoons of water as needed.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together the almond milk, oil, vanilla and agave.
- Preheat a waffle maker. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Incorporate the almond milk mixture into the flour mixture. Gently fold in the lentils.
- When the waffle iron is hot, spray it with cooking spray. Add 120 ml batter to each section and cook to make 4 waffle in total.
- Remove the cinnamon stick from the sauce. Serve the waffles and sauce immediately.
Serving Size 1 Yellow Lentil Vegan Waffle
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g50%
Sodium 1072 mg46.6%
Potassium 1031 mg21.9%
Protein 19.9 g39.8%
*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.